Who Won - Drag Racing Adam 12 (1 Viewer)

Good one Mark. Steve Gibbs and Kent graduated from high school together. In fact Kent is still married to his high school sweet heart.

Nancy, deep down inside I think Kitty is very proud.

Last edited:
Good one Mark. Steve Gibbs and Kent graduated from high school together. In fact Kent is still married to his high school sweet heart.

That's an interesting tid-bit of info since Kitty worked for Gibbs first. I wonder if that's how the whole thing came to be. I never did know the history of how it all came together. There was always such a big pool of cars in So Cal.

Oh, I've sharpened my math skills since the other day :D:D

yes that is the same crosby. I loved that episode and I barely remember seeing the rerun of it on channel 12.

Thanks Nancy for the inside scoop. Here we are trying to do the same thing at tracks but with blown alcohol cars and all we are getting are Mr. Benson track owners just like on the show.

yes that is the same crosby. I loved that episode and I barely remember seeing the rerun of it on channel 12.

Thanks Nancy for the inside scoop. Here we are trying to do the same thing at tracks but with blown alcohol cars and all we are getting are Mr. Benson track owners just like on the show.

Thats an interesting comment Rich. Out here, they like to get us in when it makes the most sense to do so.

I have several track owner friends out here now and from my experience so far (which I'm still pretty new here) they like having the blown cars, but it has to make sense for them for their shows that they are promoting where they know they have a draw of people.

WOW! That was a blast from the past. I used to watch that show all the time and do remember that episode. Back in 79 on Saturday's I used to disconnect my secondary's and drive to that track race all day disconnect them again and drive home. Had a 64 Sport Fury back then.

Mr. Benson was not a villan on the show but a hero in my eyes keeping the dragstrip a float with mounting complaints etc. If it wasn't for the Mr. Benson's out there we wouldn't have a place to race. I know a few Mr. Benson's and I'd like to think that I have a good relationship with them. One former Mr. Benson writes on my website about the trials and tribulation about running a track. We racers have our own trials and tribulations as you well know.

It's just that Mr. Benson on the show had a cautious attitude and really didn't want to take a chance on these guys. Well that's kind of what we have experienced and had in mind when I made that comment.

WOW! That was a blast from the past. I used to watch that show all the time and do remember that episode. Back in 79 on Saturday's I used to disconnect my secondary's and drive to that track race all day disconnect them again and drive home. Had a 64 Sport Fury back then.

Gary, you've got a typo or meant another track. Lions and Irwindale were both gone in 79. :)

Sorry I should of clarified what track, Terminal Island.

I heard T.I. had a track but I never went there. Gary, weren't they at one time trying to make it the new Lions (sort of, kind of) but it never really took off because of the location being so close to San Pedro?

Or is it a completely different place and I'm way off base.

either way, all good.

Terminal Island was just a blast every weekend. Wasnt the best track on the plant but man there sure was some cool shyt racing there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back