Adam-12 Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
It's been discussed here in the past but if you haven't seen it yet, METV will be broadcasting the Adam-12 segment featuring drag racing this Thursday (11/5) at 5pm. Starring Dick Clark as the promoter of Benson Dragstrip (Lions) it's a dumb story but the episode shows Lions as it was in the last days of it's existence. Enjoy...

One of the cars in that show was a 1954 Ford 2 door. Used to see it at San Fernando. Had a 352 Ford engine, the first big block Ford. Would run 11.90's way back then. Finally got it into the 10's. One of the Dragster Insider blogs had info on that car from the man's son. You're right, the episode was silly, but hey, it was Lions.

It's been discussed here in the past but if you haven't seen it yet, METV will be broadcasting the Adam-12 segment featuring drag racing this Thursday (11/5) at 5pm. Starring Dick Clark as the promoter of Benson Dragstrip (Lions) it's a dumb story but the episode shows Lions as it was in the last days of it's existence. Enjoy...
Thanks for the heads up

One Adam 12, see the woman at 5420 E Roosevelt. Possible stolen red wagon. Kent McCord responds "One Adam 12". They still show these episodes on Ch 86 in Phx.

Found the Dragster Insider blog & it has a link to the Adam 12 episode (that's 10 years old). Happy reading Adam 12 fans. :)

OK, forget the Hulu link. Doesn't work.

Last edited:

Sorry I'm posting so much, but this link is a follow up to above, & shows a lot of the ET cars I remember from those days, including Well's Ford. Also Willy & one of the Wings & Bill Jenkins.

Last edited:
One of the cars in that show was a 1954 Ford 2 door. Used to see it at San Fernando. Had a 352 Ford engine, the first big block Ford. Would run 11.90's way back then. Finally got it into the 10's. One of the Dragster Insider blogs had info on that car from the man's son. You're right, the episode was silly, but hey, it was Lions.

The '54 Ford belong to Ted Wells and the Camaro belong to my dad. This was set up by one of my dad's racing buddies Al Aird who was also a Sargent out of the West Valley Division. Ted was my dad's shop foreman when VHS was in Tarzana. Ted was also step-father to Nancy Matters who runs a N/FC out of Texas.

I was 7 when that when that aired. You can watch Who Won? on youtube though.

Last edited:
I was thinking you would post Gino. :) You have any info on what happened to Ted Wells? I know he moved out of state.

I was thinking you would post Gino. :) You have any info on what happened to Ted Wells? I know he moved out of state.

When Ted left VHS, they moved to Missouri and he passed away since then. Best to ask Nancy, I think she's on here from time to time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back