Who needs delivery to or from Indy? (1 Viewer)

stanman

Nitro Member
My new Bruce Litton trailer is going to be done in two-three weeks. It's being built back in Indy.

I'm currently going to be dead-heading on the way to Indy... no trailer. And will have an empty trailer on the way back.

Does anybody need or no anybody that needs a trailer/car delivered back that way?

Or needs a car picked up and brought back out to the west coast?

I'm willing to split the cost with someone.

Hey Paul,

Downsizing a little bit... going to a 26' tag. I sold my 36' gooseneck in anticipation of purchasing a motorhome later this year.

The new trailer will be laid out more efficiently. It will haul 2 dragsters on the floor or a dragster and a door car utilizing a winch to raise the front end of the dragster.

I shopped the hell out of trailers and Matt at Bruce Litton put one hell of a deal together. It's a triple axles with a bunch of options. Plus, I know the United built Litton trailers are superb units.

Reason I ask was that I am currently looking to buy an 18' enclosed.
It seems to be an "oddball" size. 16's and 20's are a dime a dozen, but I just can't find that 18'.
20' is too big for me.
Was thinking you were going to get a 53' and I could swing a deal with Litton, and we could slide the 18' inside the 53'. :D

Last edited:
Where were you last month Greg? We purchased some race parts from Pennsylvania and had to transport them back here to Phoenix. We paid through the nose to have them transported and sure would have been pleased to have you do the hauling instead. It all works out in the end, somehow.
Good luck with the new trailer! Somehow, having a motor home with you on the trip sounds like luxury to me.

I'll have a new dragster finished sometime next month ? Was told end of Feb. but haven't checked on progress yet. It will be @ J.B.'s place in Evansville, IN.

Only problem is I'm in Texas so that's really not right on your way back home. You plan on crossing Kansas on the way? Maybe Oklahoma ?

Reason I ask was that I am currently looking to buy an 18' enclosed.
It seems to be an "oddball" size. 16's and 20's are a dime a dozen, but I just can't find that 18'.
20' is too big for me.
Was thinking you were going to get a 53' and I could swing a deal with Litton, and we could slide the 18' inside the 53'. :D
I went through something similar deal in looking for a new trailer. I wanted a 26' because of the overall length issue out here in California... 65' maximum. Nobody, and I mean nobody, had any 26' trailer... especially a triple axle. So I figured I'd got to a 28'. But nobody had any triple axle 28'ers. I did find one in Florida for a decent price but the delivery/pickup cost were prohibitive.

The price on the United-built Litton trailer made it worth the money to go back to Indy over having one built by Haulmark or Pace in Utah or CargoMate in Oregon.

Where were you last month Greg? We purchased some race parts from Pennsylvania and had to transport them back here to Phoenix. We paid through the nose to have them transported and sure would have been pleased to have you do the hauling instead. It all works out in the end, somehow.
Good luck with the new trailer! Somehow, having a motor home with you on the trip sounds like luxury to me.
Bobby,

I know what you mean. Currently delivery charges on a new trailer are around $1.50 per mile ... that adds about another $3500 to the cost coming from Indy. I'm fortunate enough to be able to take a few days vacation and do it myself and the fuel will only be around $1200. Plus I can stop and see my dad in Nebraska.

I'll have a new dragster finished sometime next month ? Was told end of Feb. but haven't checked on progress yet. It will be @ J.B.'s place in Evansville, IN.

Only problem is I'm in Texas so that's really not right on your way back home. You plan on crossing Kansas on the way? Maybe Oklahoma ?
Mike,

Is that a new Spitzer car? I plan to call Mike, along with Bickel, Haas, Jones, and a few others back that way to see if they have a customer with a car being completed that needs delivery.

It could be possible for me meet you in Kansas or Oklahoma if I go the southern route... which may the case depending on weather. But I was hoping to do it before the end of the month, though I don't have an actual completion date as of now.

It's an Undercover. I haven't checked in the past couple weeks due to holidays and all but I was told it would be ready around mid to end February back when it was ordered.

I'll call today and see if they can pin it down a little closer, then let you know. He had mentioned coming to Lubbock to Sunset racing engines and maybe meeting me in Oklahoma but he didn't know when he would be going their way anytime soon.

Ah... being assembled in Evansville!? Keep me posted. I've got a couple irons in the fire but nothing is hot yet.

Spoke to them yesterday. Car wont be finished @ Undercover until the last week of February. Then they got to get it back to Indiana before you would be able to pick it up. Looks like I might just go to Florida myself and pick it up to save some time and money. I'll holler back at you if that changes but for now looks like we can't hook up. Sorry.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back