who get's The Oakley ride? (1 Viewer)

Any of you remember when Scelzi got the Winston ride? AJ wanted him, and RJR said Who? So Gary flew to RJ Renolds headquarters to meet with them. Gary impressed them enough that they hired him. Not because they know he could drive, they didn't. They knew that he would be a good representitive for the company.

It ain't about winning races, it's about selling sunglasses.

Winning is the iceing selling is the cake.

Alan

Any of you remember when Scelzi got the Winston ride? AJ wanted him, and RJR said Who? So Gary flew to RJ Renolds headquarters to meet with them. Gary impressed them enough that they hired him. Not because they know he could drive, they didn't. They knew that he would be a good representitive for the company.

It ain't about winning races, it's about selling sunglasses.

Winning is the iceing selling is the cake.

Alan

And that is why DSR said he want a character.

IF you want the championship trophy on your mantel at the end of the year,,,Hire Dale Pulde! :cool:

You can then go relax or worry about some other part of your operation, because the driver won't be the problem!! ;)

Rapid

You know if you people keep naming all these other people then I'm not gonna have a chance:)

Speaking of characters...too bad you can't drive. :D

Just kidding of course, Alan. Good to see you at Vegas.

Randy... They'd have to raise the cage 18 inches at least... and move the motor out at least a foot... I'm not sure we're ready fer a flopper sittin' 72inches high across the back of the green house...:eek:

just pokin' fun atcha Alan:)

Oh, and my pick for the Oakley deal is Kevin B.

I can agree with that, he is a very avid Oakley supporter.

I was just sitting here thinking, I bought my first pair of Oakleys 15 years ago. A pair of Razor Blades, wonder what happened to them. I am now on my 9th pair, Titanium Half Wires, and would wear nothing other than Oakley. Even my MX goggles are Oakley. Loyal to the brand before the brand was loyal to the sport.

Maybe I can get Jim to sponsor me in a T/D deal developing into a A/FD then into T/F down the road. Wishful thinking, I know. :rolleyes:

I can agree with that, he is a very avid Oakley supporter.

I was just sitting here thinking, I bought my first pair of Oakleys 15 years ago. A pair of Razor Blades, wonder what happened to them. I am now on my 9th pair, Titanium Half Wires, and would wear nothing other than Oakley. Even my MX goggles are Oakley. Loyal to the brand before the brand was loyal to the sport.

Maybe I can get Jim to sponsor me in a T/D deal developing into a A/FD then into T/F down the road. Wishful thinking, I know. :rolleyes:

Hypothetically speaking, what dollar amount would you ask for and what would you offer in return?

Alan

I guess all of you can give me phone numbers and send a resume to my Private Messages.

I guess all of you can give me phone numbers and send a resume to my Private Messages.

Don,

Your post reminds me of when I was in graduate school and we were all writing song titles on a caulk board in the common room. The song titles were a combination of real song titles with imaginary groups based on what we were studying (ex. Do You Believe in magic by Adam Smith and the Invisible Hand or Chain, Chain, Chains, by Karl Marx and the Proletariat; the rest were based on esoteric concepts from game theory and mathematical economics). Most of the song titles were quite clever. One day, the Department Chair walked into the common room, looked at what we had done, and muttered something about graduate students not working hard enough. That was the end of our song title fun.

Re: who gets The Oakley ride?

....I wonder if Mike Henkleman would be interested in racing a Funny Car. He certainly has character! :)

This is funny stuff.....First off there are a lot great drivers out there with no ride....I'm just a smart ass from Utah....

Knowing the "O" product line..... well I know that for sure but Oakley does'nt even know I'm alive! Mr. Jannard does NOT need someone to sell his stuff.....the product sells it's self....I will miss one of my mentors though, he has paved the way for us TAD folks and has givin me some valuable info as a driver....Hate to see Gary go....

Over the years I have had the best time of my life at the tracks...meeting people, fans, friends (Gary, JRod and the list goes on and on) From hanging out to racing my digger to breaking some unexpecting race fans Ray Ban shades(Winters 06 I thought that guy was going to kick my ass):eek: but he now see's the world much clearer through the Romeo II's I gave him so life is all good....

LIFE....Have fun always....it's the only one you get!

Thanks guys for the name drop.....

KB:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
LIFE....Have fun always....it's the only one you get!

Thanks guys for the name drop.....

KB
Kevin
Your name has been dropping on the qualifying sheets for years now... :D Got to the point where I would let my scroll dial freewheel just to find your name... :eek: Sort of like my pic the winners contest on here... :p

Joking jOkA- :cool:
I still get your tune-up... right?? ROTFLMAO-
All in love Bro!! You might want to read your post above before flying to my house and kicking my door down...
Wait I forgot, I moved... Bring it on old man... You and your Oakley and Xbalm wearin side kicks... LMAO still use mine BTW-

Last edited:

Careful what you ask for Don, you'll end up with people like me, no resume just a huge dream I'd love to have the opportunity to live

Kevin
Your name has been dropping on the qualifying sheets for years now... :D Got to the point where I would let my scroll dial freewheel just to find your name... :eek: Sort of like my pic the winners contest on here... :p

Joking jOkA- :cool:
I still get your tune-up... right?? ROTFLMAO-
All in love Bro!! You might want to read your post above before flying to my house and kicking my door down...
Wait I forgot, I moved... Bring it on old man... You and your Oakley and Xbalm wearin side kicks... LMAO still use mine BTW-

Ray, you are right.....having the right crew will make or break a guy....as soon as you get out there you WILL see what I'm talking about! I hope you can run as fast as you type and scroll....as long as you are sportin "O" stuff you are OK in my book!

Winning is not everything in this world.....just being a part of it all is cool with me....My day will come....as will my son's...oops almost let the cat out of the bag....

Peace, jOkA!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back