Who do you think will sponsor Dixon? (1 Viewer)

JL

Nitro Member
DRO says it will be either Crown Royal or Target... I would like to see both, but I can tell you that if Snake can land Target, it would be huge for the sport. This is a place that mainstream America shops at everyday. We have all discussed the loyalty drag racers and fans alike have for the sponsors of our sport. I am sure Jim can attest to this.

Whoever it is... I hope there is someone to pick up the sponsorship. Larry is a class act and needs someone to step up into a premier sponsorshop slot.

Jim

I just hope whoever the lucky company is to sponsor a two time champion that the relaionship lasts as long and is as good as the one DPR enjoyed with Miller. :)

Regardless of the company, it will be good to keep that car in competition. I was interested to see the large variance in sponsorship dollars between Target and Seagrams (assuming DRO is correct).

A crown royal top fuel dragster would look cool! I can't drink the stuff but i would buy it for those that do.

Given the choise between Crown Royal and Target I would prefere Target but anyone that would step up to the plate to sponser Larry's car would be cool. IMO this is one dragster that needs to be out there regardless of who sponsor's it.

Jerrod keep a bottle handy for those of us who do..Oh and can you get a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue? Hey come to think of it where is the pics of the finished outdoor kitchen/bar you were woking on?

If either are serious about really coming into the racing game, I would offer that with some genuine marketing savey, Snake could pull them both on each as a primary with the TARGET branded Dragster, and a Fuel Coupe adorned with CROWN./
OR--- A Red White & Blue Dragster with Dual Primary Sponsorship

Does anyone know if Snake is still attempting to add a 2nd TF car to the mix? It was my understanding he had Melanie on the payroll in the hopes of landing another sponsor to field one, but since she was released and signed with DSR I haven't heard much more about it. With the perceived, and I stress perceived, potential for the "demise of Top Fuel" it would seem Snake would be a great spokesman to help protect the class, no?

Target & Segrams

Hi everyone, really nice job on the new format Jerrod & Shannon!

There seems to be some confusion with the initial posting here in this thread as to what the Agent 1320 note said, so here's a link to it:
TARGET AND SEAGRAMS COMING TO NHRA IN 2007?
www.dragracingonline.com/agent1320/2006/1320-viii_7-1.html

It's a pretty interesting development for our sport if the RUMOR becomes reality!

Last edited:
I hope who ever it is does a bit more to promote Dixon/ NHRA than Miller did, Have you ever tried to find anything outside the track that has Dixon's name or Snake's name for that matter ?
I think the Brute PR people are doing a great job of getting to main stream America w/Capps.
I could go on but I'm not a preacher

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back