Where did the "What Happened to Angelle's Bike" thread get moved? (2 Viewers)

Jackie B.

Nitro Member
I have been "watching" this thread and now I can't view it. What happened?
Can someone please help me?
Jackie

Jackie,

My guess is that the moderators took it to a 'secret Mater editing room'. Where they can edit out the crud that was slung in that room or remove inappropriate posts. It may come back, it may be in the mater thread heaven in the sky. Depends on the mod.

Oh, or the original poster could have deleted it too.

Jenn

I have been "watching" this thread and now I can't view it. What happened?
Can someone please help me?
Jackie

It's probably been locked down by the moderators. There were a lot of horse carcases in there.
horsebeat.gif

It was starting to get pretty gamy. ;)

I moved it.

I don't have the time to go through and clean all the junk out. Beyond the over the top opinions that were expressed some extremely tasteless pictures were added to it that made the closure needed and probably overdue.

It is great to have favorite drivers and to even have those that you root against and while differing and even unpopular opinions are welcome here its how you present those opinons that matter.

The effort to troll, maliciously attack and low blow was really uncalled for and it needed to stop.

Any questions, ask away

Thanks PJ, it was getting really ugly. For those of you that missed the ugliness be thankful you did. We of course all have our opinions of drivers and/or teams. And of course we are free to express ourselves. But when comments become malicious in intent it's time to shut it down. With the internet it is sometimes easy to misinterpret postings because all you have is the written word........But sometimes immaturity shines thru!!!

I think the real two reasons are

1. PJ's effort to take over the world.
2. The new Ashley's quick accumulation of mater cred was too much for some people to bear.

But it was getting pretty pathetic in there for all the views it had.

Last edited:
PJ I agree with you I ahd stoped reading it anyway. They were tastless twoard her. She is not my favorite rider but they were bashing her wrongly. AT least she stood up for herself.

I think the real two reasons are

1. PJ's effort to take over the world.
2. The new Ashley's quick accumulation of mater cred was too much for some people to bear.

But it was getting pretty pathetic in there for all the views it had.

oh its beyond just an effort, its a movement now :)

I moved it.

I don't have the time to go through and clean all the junk out. Beyond the over the top opinions that were expressed some extremely tasteless pictures were added to it that made the closure needed and probably overdue.

It is great to have favorite drivers and to even have those that you root against and while differing and even unpopular opinions are welcome here its how you present those opinons that matter.

The effort to troll, maliciously attack and low blow was really uncalled for and it needed to stop.

Any questions, ask away
I agree that the thread needed to end but why move it? Why not just lock it and let it fade away down the list but still be available for viewing? That's one of the very few things that actually bother me about this forum is that threads get moved as opposed to locked. What's the deal with that, P.J.?

:confused:I'm confused... why close it? I was just stateing facts... somthing i think the thread was seriously lacking from the start...

I just wanted people to know the truth - that the idea of her throwing the race was seriously fabricated, and unfounded...

hopfully hearing the facts isn't what caused the thread closure but the fact that brutelly bashing a 3 time world champion was disgracful to those of us with respect for NHRA drag racing

Fans are born everyday in this sport. I surely would not want to discourage someone from becoming a part of the NHRA family due to immature and ignorant people who would be better off posting on a National Inquirer message board. For those true fans out there, I hope hearing the facts swayed you in the right direction.

:rolleyes:I know people were questioning the way things appeared on tv - after all TV always shows the facts exactly the way they happen not to obscure the audience from the truth- even if it means less excitement and drama... right! And we all know that bikes NEVER break, ever...! Lordy, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck it must be a zebra...okkkydokkky....lol! ;)

So for those who believe everything u see on tv... i guess let me know when publishers clearing house stops at your door to give you a million dollars...or you become rich off of a "No Money Down" infomertial...:D

but until then, im hoping the rest of us rational God fearing people will be satisfied with truth... and give respect where respect is due... to the most winningest female in motorsports history and 3 x world champion... I apologize for those who failed to give u the respect you deserve... there is no excuse for behavior of that kind.

They system no longer gives mods the option of just closing a thread now. To be honest in the past that didn't always work in that poeple just spilled over into a new thread and continues the arguement. I realize that this can still happen but it tends to happen less when people can't still go and look at the offending material/comments on the original thread to rehash on the new one. I can move it to the far away place for possible future cleansing or delete it completely.

Ashley you didn't cause it to close. People are welcome to state opinons and facts, even unpopular or misguided ones at that. The thread kept going down hill and personal attacks and insults were getting out of hand. To top it off an extreme low blow picture was posted. TO be honest I though about pulling it the other day but when Angelle posted I thought I should leave it to let her have her say and rebuttal to any other comments.

They system no longer gives mods the option of just closing a thread now. To be honest in the past that didn't always work in that poeple just spilled over into a new thread and continues the arguement. I realize that this can still happen but it tends to happen less when people can't still go and look at the offending material/comments on the original thread to rehash on the new one. I can move it to the far away place for possible future cleansing or delete it completely.

Ashley you didn't cause it to close. People are welcome to state opinons and facts, even unpopular or misguided ones at that. The thread kept going down hill and personal attacks and insults were getting out of hand. To top it off an extreme low blow picture was posted. TO be honest I though about pulling it the other day but when Angelle posted I thought I should leave it to let her have her say and rebuttal to any other comments.

I think you did the right thing... as a fan I was embarrassed by some of the comments... as a person who definately loves to voice my opinion - I think the bashing and personal attacks caused the thread to loose its credibility...

out of hand - yeah just a little bit! I think you did the right thing.

Thanks for the answers. I guess it was best that I went to bed at 9:30 last night and missed it.
Jackie

Jackie;
That's what you get for going to bed so early :D You have to stay up on the computer until two or three in the morning so you don't miss anything.

Wish you guys would have stayed out here for the AHDRA race. Miss seeing you.

Jay

Wouldn't you have been able to save the entire thread with the simple removal of one "Tool" from the box?

Oh, I guess the thread would have only been 15 posts without him, though?

Welcome to the Mater Jackie.

So I have a question, will Angelle be riding a Buell in '08? Inquiring Minds want to know!:p

Im glad that piece of ____ thread is gone.
Really brought this place down. Made us all look bad.

I do want to thank the racers for getting in here and speaking tho.

Welcome to the Mater Jackie.

So I have a question, will Angelle be riding a Buell in '08? Inquiring Minds want to know!:p
didn't she get her Top Fuel license yet? Maybe Powers can have a two -seater manufactured just for A and A :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back