Moved to where? CLW??? (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Someone decided the $5 a gallon thread as getting a little to "on" topic. My question is, where are these threads being moved to and how do we get access to that area?

Count me in...

Thanks,
RG

Geez finally a lively thread on the Mater and someone has to move it to the politics room. I guess it was a little more than us maters can handle and my global warming link was the last straw : (

It was a racing-based thread with political overtones, not a left-right pi$$ing contest with racing overtones. Yeah, we could have done without the global warming post but even that in itself wasn't off the charts.

The very nature of the topic invited discussion that could have been construed as political in nature. That too was brought up and discussed. Had I been a moderator I would have left the thread as is. But I'm not the boss. To Chris' credit, in fairness, the thread was only moved and not deleted.

Now the Rottweillers in the Pol forum can take turns tearing it apart. I can fight over politics as well as the next person but not in that thread. Count me out of it. :(

Last edited:
And just how does one "get permission" to view said thread?
I'm not allowed<gloom>.

You have to PM Christopher L. Williams (or another mod/admin) and request permission to join the political forum.

Politics forum should be an open forum just like it is for members on any other web site with forums. Keeping it by "invitation only" is a political move kinda like the good ol' boys clubs.

It's not in the political forum.... The last post in that section was 12-15-10.

Politics forum should be an open forum just like it is for members on any other web site with forums. Keeping it by "invitation only" is a political move kinda like the good ol' boys clubs.

it's not invitation only.....all you have to do is ask shannon to access it

What a joke.

That guy wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes as a mod on my site.

Hey, let's move every most active thread to the black hole. There's a good idea. :rolleyes:

i don't see much wrong with comments slightly off-topic especially
now in 'off-season'.......most of the posts dealt with racing related concerns.
i agree, as active a thread as has been here in a while

not sure the difference between 'lounge' and 'general chat'....one in same.

I took the word of a member who said the thread had been moved to the political forum; this morning I checked and there's a 'moved' link in the Pit Area/NHRA forum, where the thread originated. It is indeed in the 'general' forum now.

Moving it to a forum everyone can visit, and providing a link to it, is common practice, and not a big deal at all.

The thread wasn't deleted or censored. I say we give the mod a pass on this one.

I took the word of a member who said the thread had been moved to the political forum; this morning I checked and there's a 'moved' link in the Pit Area/NHRA forum, where the thread originated. It is indeed in the 'general' forum now.

Moving it to a forum everyone can visit, and providing a link to it, is common practice, and not a big deal at all.

The thread wasn't deleted or censored. I say we give the mod a pass on this one.

You can take my word. I can guarantee you I tried to access it last night and was told in a message I wasn't authorized to access it.

Thanks to this thread it's available now, because someone unlocked it and moved it this morning after seeing the comments posted here.

Last edited:
Keeping it by "invitation only" is a political move kinda like the good ol' boys clubs.

I've Never heard of such a club like that Randy LOL

All Kidding aside, I just wanted to tell you Happy New Years and Good luck to you, Daniel and your team this year. Take care and planning on Pomona in November, so see you there!!

I've Never heard of such a club like that Randy LOL

All Kidding aside, I just wanted to tell you Happy New Years and Good luck to you, Daniel and your team this year. Take care and planning on Pomona in November, so see you there!!

Hi Nancy:

Are you running Pomona or hanging out at Pomona? I guess I will be hanging out since my driver is still in financial rehab.
lol.gif

Randy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back