What's the lowest gas prices you've seen? (1 Viewer)

Wife's been paying 1.58 down at the beach (13 miles from here) at the WaWa she drives by nightly... I'm playing 1.70 here by the house... can't see burning a gallon round trip to save .12 cents per... only pump 10 gallons at a time when I top it off (15 gallon tank)... it's a straight break even...

d'kid

By my house, it got down to $1.52 early last week before T-giving and then shot up to $1.79 last Wednesday. Back down to $1.69 now.

Since the title doesn't state what year, I'll jump in with my old age and say, I used to fill up my one gallon can for mowing lawns as a kid for 17 cents. It was actually 16.9 cents per gallon. When I started working at the American Oil Station on the NE corner of 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix, gas prices had risen to 21.9 cents per gallon and people here belly-aching to no end about the abuse. Think about it. That was a 25% increase over one short year.
Some things never change.

I know this economy deal has been tough on lots of people.. but for some people - like me - with no money in the stock market, and a secure government engineering job designing roads (roads will always need designed and built), theres more money in my pocket. Take gas alone - was $3.99 at its highest, now $1.65 ($2.34 difference). I use about 14 gallons per week on my commute, thats an extra $32 a week for me, $65 per paycheck. Which could cover a lunch at Wendy's for every workday.

Things were just too expensive before. If reverse inflation kicks in I will have more money - which will work its way back into the economy anyway.

I have been out of town a lot lately, but back home in Spring, Tx it got down to $1.46 by my house. Not sure what it is now......

Paid 2.42 in Dallas this morning. Unloading in Flower Mound so I can reload in Coppell and try to make it to Soulman's BBQ by a decent time of the day. We all have to have goals. Right? :D

Absolutely--Enjoy your BBQ!! I have a guy picking up a vette in St Louis, and he just called in and said he filled up for $2.39 on I55 south os STL.

The rock bottom price in my area right now is $1.81 at arco ... but I can get that with my fuel discount at Safeway, too, so either way I'm good. I put $21 in the Mustang yesterday and got 11 gallons. The pain of $4.35 a gallon is gone. For now. Thank goodness. I can actually leave Maple Valley again.

1.79 this morning BUT we in calif are so lucky, we get to pay that $.50 a gallon gas tax to keep our roads in tip top condition(LOL):p:)

Since the title doesn't state what year, I'll jump in with my old age and say, I used to fill up my one gallon can for mowing lawns as a kid for 17 cents. It was actually 16.9 cents per gallon. When I started working at the American Oil Station on the NE corner of 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix, gas prices had risen to 21.9 cents per gallon and people here belly-aching to no end about the abuse. Think about it. That was a 25% increase over one short year.
Some things never change.

Mister Miller...
pumped regular at 14.9 and supreme at 17.9... unless we were having a 'Gas War'... then we'd give a fill-up with a full service lube, oil, and tune-up... 105 oc at the pump was 19.9... and 'white gas' was the same... and a gallon of pop was like 2.99... we kept 5 gallon pails...

d'kid

Everywhere near me is around $1.66, but I know Indy and Muncie are cheaper...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back