NHRA Driver hat pins (1 Viewer)

BF

Nitro Member
The last several years we, collectors of driver hat pins, have had a very limited number of drivers that are available. The Pedregons have been the best about getting out new pins from what I have seen. John Force usually has a new one every year but what about Robert Hight, Neff, Medlen (pre-accident) and Densham? Bernstein has a new one every blue moon. I realise there's not much money to be made by them but you would think some of the more financed teams would have something new almost every year. Now, the reason I started this post.....all of a sudden on EBAY a guy has been selling pins that I never saw at the track. The pins include Larry Dixon/Skytel, Dave Grubnic/Strivectin and Del Worsham/CSK. Apparently, other people haven't had much luck finding these either from the prices they are selling for. Does anybody know what is going on out there? Thanks in advance.

I have been collecting Drag Racing hat pins for about 25 years. When I started, they were pretty inexpensive and it was a lot of fun. Many years ago, I was even able to get a few pins from Garlits' personal collection. I haven't seen too many new pins lately and any that I have purchased recently have been off of ebay. I remember Snake always sold several different versions as did a few others. I guess a lot of the teams just don't think people will buy them so they don't have 'em made. I do know that some older pins out there are very rare and are worth a pretty penny.

Dave

I have to use the utmost self control when at the races... hat pins are my one and only vice when it comes to collectibles.

Several of the Nascar teams have hat pins that are made specifically to give to their sponsor's employees, and are not available for retail purchase..

Could some of those be the same type situation?

I LOVE those pins! I have a joe amato world champ, garlits' swamp rat xxx, sidewinder, Big is Back, Prudhomme Pepsi helmet pin, Karamesines' Chizler, and Various Kalitta pins, Connie 1st over 290mph, Scott funny car, and various Kalitta planes. Wouldn't trade em for the world. Also about 25 event pins!

Hello, looking for Fram national, Southern national or Summit national hat pins, or pins related to Atlanta drag way. Any help or direction would be helpful. Thanks, Ed can be reached at, [email protected]

Most of the pins now days are made in China (of course) and you have to buy 500-1000 to get a decent price. Plus, it takes several weeks to get them. I've not seen any new ones in a number of years. I think T-shirts are more popular now, and cheaper/easier to have made. My son has a huge collection going back to Irwindale & OCIR days. Don't know if he'll ever sell them.

My wife is a collector. Drag racing, Disney, travel, etc. They are getting harder and harder to find. Seems almost no one is hving them done anymore.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back