What the Deal? (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Ok after weeks of speculation and quesses Snakes team shows up at Phoenix with a new car and Skytel signage on its side. No official anouncement or press release. Various message boards have reported that the deal is not (a) that good. (b) not signed and who else knows what.
It seems the team has a plan and looking at the numbers on the runs they have made look like they have their act together.Just wish they would share some of the info with their many fans.
Anyone have any info on the above -please share! Thanks

Everyone raise your hand who thinks that the Snake would have went to all of the expense to send a car to the wind tunnel in Canada, spent the money to test as well as re-wrap the haulers, crew and car unless he already had some of the money in the bank. If Snake didn't have the money, they wouldn't be out there, it is that simple.

They are waiting to announce the deal at Pomona, when there are more fans and media gathered to maximize exposure. Vandergriff did the same thing with UPS last year.

Here is an even more radical thought ... how about we celebrate Snake bringing in another non-traditional sponsor and wish them luck instead of the incessant hand-wringing and speculating that does NO ONE involved with the sport any good. Bunch of Fn chicken littles around these parts .... the Sky(tel) is not falling ....

Last edited:
I was told by a good source that they couldn't release the news yet because of a merger with Skytel and that the deal has ben done for a while.

Everyone raise your hand who thinks that the Snake would have went to all of the expense to send a car to the wind tunnel in Canada, spent the money to test as well as re-wrap the haulers, crew and car unless he already had some of the money in the bank. If Snake didn't have the money, they wouldn't be out there, it is that simple.

They are waiting to announce the deal at Pomona, when there are more fans and media gathered to maximize exposure. Vandergriff did the same thing with UPS last year.

Here is an even more radical thought ... how about we celebrate Snake bringing in another non-traditional sponsor and wish them luck instead of the incessant hand-wringing and speculating that does NO ONE involved with the sport any good. Bunch of Fn chicken littles around these parts .... the Sky(tel) is not falling ....

Amen......

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that JFR had a Press conference to announce Ashley and people said "Big deal, we already knew that" . And Snake has not had a Press Conference and people are saying "Why haven't they had a press confernce to announce this?" Don't worry, when they do we will all come back here and say "I knew that weeks ago".

Alan

how bout' an ultra radical thought......
the deal is SO big that they've wrapped their transporter and car with
removeable skytel decals, then pull into the winter nats. and
start removing decals revealing the true graphic/corporate scheme
already in place under existing decals.
now wouldn't that be a cool surprise!
not likely.:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that JFR had a Press conference to announce Ashley and people said "Big deal, we already knew that" . And Snake has not had a Press Conference and people are saying "Why haven't they had a press confernce to announce this?" Don't worry, when they do we will all come back here and say "I knew that weeks ago".

Alan

Just can't win for losing can you Alan?

I think the let down is that there are only two new fuel team sponsors coming into the sport this year: Sky tell and Monster.

Alan

sad but true

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back