What a cruel, cruel world (1 Viewer)

They had a beer truck overturn near the Lowery Hill tunnel here about 15 or so years ago. I remember the traffic announcer saying that from the looks of it, there wasn't going to be much left to do for the highway workers, as passing motorists were stopping and "aiding in the cleanup.":D

hopefully you are stocked up Jenn!!! :):cool:

I did :) The other day I was hiding at my brother's house and helpfully penciled in "Oreo's-2 Packs" to the grocery list on the refrigerator and wouldn't you know it, my favorite sister in law picked some up for me.

'tis a sad sad day...
I mourn all the Oh Are E Oh's that loss their lives in such a senseless tragedy.

My Cinnamon Pop Tarts ask that their support be conveyed in this time of need.

d'kid

See....an oreo truck AND a beer truck overturned is this thread. Am I the only one who drinks beer with dessert? ;) D

I saw this and I have to tell yall what my dad did yesterday. You see my mom LOVES oreo's, double stuffed espeically. She eats them pretty much every night with a glass of milk and its always been one of my dad's jokes. Anyways.

So yesterday I'm sitting in my office and the phone rings and I answer it. Its my dad. He said, "Have you talked to your mom today, did she tell you the latest?" And this past week we have been having a family drama so I was just like, great what now. Then he tells me, "Well she's in panic mode, on her way up north b/c a truck with 14 tons of double stuffed oreo's turned over on the freeway and she's going up there with a glass of milk to aide in the cleanup!"

I did :) The other day I was hiding at my brother's house and helpfully penciled in "Oreo's-2 Packs" to the grocery list on the refrigerator and wouldn't you know it, my favorite sister in law picked some up for me.

My daughter is an Oreo fanatic too. I forwarded that link to her with the title "I am sorry to be the one to tell you this". :) ;)

This is the part that concerns me.

Mahoney says no charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.

I predict that donut sales in that area plummet! :D Talk about leaving the foxes to watch the hen house! I wonder how many cases wind up "missing." :D

I for one do not care anymore. I have kicked my Oreo addiction!

Yayyyy for me! The awful little cookies had control of my life. I couldn't resist them. The package sizes made the cookies inside taste different, each in their special way. The little vending machine 6-packs, were enough to get you through the afternoon at work. The large store packs, that I stacked neatly in the cookie jar ma handed down, had another special taste.

I used to push my cart down the cookie aisle in the market, and ram any cart that blocked the Oreo display. I once called Nabisco headquarters because of a few crumbled cookies in my bag when I got them home. They sent me 2 free packs, and an apology. I was an Oreo authority, and a Oreo freak!

Another time they had an offer to win a special Oreo Yo-yo! A specially marked cookie in your pack had to be mailed to Nabisco, and they sent me the yo-yo. I have since sold the yo-yo on eBay, and invested in Nabisco.

I was a dunker, never a twister. I never licked the stuff. Just dunk, soak for
4.42 seconds, and pop the Oreo, whole, into the mouth, don't chew yet, just let it sit there, another 4.42 seconds! Let it dissolve on the tongue. Let it wash the palate in chocolaty sensuality 'til it crumbles in the mouth, Then, and only then, with a sip of ice cold skim milk, let it slide down the throat. Rinse the mouth with another sip of milk, and repeat. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

But then, ma passed away, rest her soul, and I broke my Oreo addiction. I haven't had one pass my lips since 03 now. Believe me, it was as hard as quitting smoking.

So now it's "fie on thee Oreo"! And good riddance! I opt out of thy vicious cholesterol. No more will you pull my belly over my flamed belt. I'm done, kaput. May all the Oreo trucks spill their chocolate loads over the nations highways.

I feel so much better! Now, pass me a couple Chips Ahoys!

And not a word untrue, my dear addicted Jenn! IM me for my 12 step program.

I'm pretty sure that you would have to WANT to quit to start the 12 steps. I just think of all those poor Oh Or Ee Yo's sitting so lonely in the box, striving to be one of the three that I pick. Waiting in joyful anticipation of being dunked into that creamy glass of 2% milk. I just can't deny an Oreo that!

Bob's story is scaring me!
I just realized I am BI-COOKIE :eek:

I like both the oreo and the chips ahoy. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back