A Little Thanks To Those Who Support Drag Racing ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
On my trip to the mountains I stopped in a Rip Griffin truck stop [ Good coffee ] you know in Far west Texas and low and behold hanging there big as life was a full sized poster of NHRA Drag Racing with the 2006 season schedule and it was sponsored by Motel 6 and Werner Enterprises.
What a boon to both the sponsors and NHRA to have a 3ft. x 5 ft. color poster of Top Fuel and FC and Pro stock doing burnouts along with the points leaders bio displayed in such a prominent way.
Kudos to those folks for putting their money where their mouth is.
It's really good to see supporters of the greatest sport in the world stepping up to the plate and spreading the word.
Lord knows how many folks see that poster every day.
I stopped there again and spent more buckage on the way back.
Ron are those polsters all over the place or just at the Red Griffin's ??

Last edited:
If any of you ever have the chance to stop at the Petro just outside of Scranton, PA, (I-81, exit 187) not only are there two old Joe Amato posters, you can eat very well and reasonably cheap if you get the all you can eat soup. Their version of pepper pot/vegetable beef should really be called beef stew for as thick as it is. That and a drink is gonna run you about five bucks.

A local I was having a conversation with who says he's an old friend of Joe's kept referring to him as "Joey." LOL.

There's a thread that we did on the old mater a couple or so years ago. "What's your favorite road food?" Might have to try it again soon. How old does it have to be before it's not a rehash? :)

Naw, Larry. I don't see the polsters so much anymore. Just those annoying prepaid legal sellers. Cut out the middle man/woman. If you get a ticket, just dial information to the nearest metro city and ask for the bar association. They'll all, free of charge, give you the names and numbers of three attorneys who handle tickets. Usually plead it down to a non-moving, you'll pay about the same dollar amount, but no insurance hikes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back