Bringing a little bit of drag racing to work (1 Viewer)

Gary

Nitro Member
Hi Everyone -

This may be a little off-topic but I thought I would share this with everyone. My company is having a cubicle decorating contest. I thought it would be fun to share a little bit of drag racing with my co-workers - and with you!

The contest ends tomorrow so sadly it all comes down this weekend.

A little about me - I've been a member of the mater since way back. I visit every day but have only posted a few times over the years. Something I'm hoping to do more of moving forward!

Hope you like the pics!
Gary

cubicle1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cubicle02.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cubicle04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cubicle03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My hats off to you, instead of sitting around whining about how bad Nhra drag racing is, you are out showing how proud you are of it. You did a nice job, that looks cool, and i hope you win your contest.

LOL! That is just awesome....I love it!

So how many people have stopped by and asked you about drag racing? I'm guessing it's quite a few!!

Good luck with the contest!

Hi Everyone -

This may be a little off-topic but I thought I would share this with everyone. My company is having a cubicle decorating contest. I thought it would be fun to share a little bit of drag racing with my co-workers - and with you!

The contest ends tomorrow so sadly it all comes down this weekend.

A little about me - I've been a member of the mater since way back. I visit every day but have only posted a few times over the years. Something I'm hoping to do more of moving forward!

Hope you like the pics!
Gary

cubicle1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cubicle02.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cubicle04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cubicle03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great job, sure is an awful lot of work! Hope you get something out of it.

Gary, if you don't win I'd certainly be interesting in seeing what could top that incredible display!

-Jeff

Gary, if you don't win I'd certainly be interesting in seeing what could top that incredible display!

-Jeff

i could imagine what would top it, but i don't think it would go over very well with co-workers and management,
then again i don't know what type of business this is either :rolleyes:
great display, hope you win something.
is the mike dunn card the pinstripe NY yankees TF'r?

That should win hands down, please post the results. That's really cool, I would leave it up and come Monday morning just tell everyone that you're tired of looking at them, the tent stays up!:D

ohmygosh that is so wild. Very cool. I fully approve of shenanigans like that!:D
Nice green skoal jersey! I have the Larry Dixon card like you have on the wall too. Nice job, man. I hope you win. You gotsa to win.

LOL! That is just awesome....I love it!

So how many people have stopped by and asked you about drag racing? I'm guessing it's quite a few!!

Good luck with the contest!

Oddly enough - (and I hope not to derail my own thread!) Most people have come up to me and said: "I didn't know you were into NASCAR". Are you kidding me, what about any of this says NASCAR!!!! So I proceed to give them a quick lesson about NHRA drag racing!

You win....unless the girl with the Barbie Dream Cube out spent you...

Well, you may not believe this, but I really didn't do this to win. I did it to try to get other people in the company excited about the competition. (plus I just love drag racing!) I'm in the marketing department and I am all about the "WoW" factor....and getting folks excited about their job! I think it worked....today at the 11th hour of the competition (it ends today), some members of my IT department went crazy with a major Halloween display. 6 people pulled together their resources and put something really cool together. I actually hope they win it!

My hats off to you, instead of sitting around whining about how bad Nhra drag racing is, you are out showing how proud you are of it. You did a nice job, that looks cool, and i hope you win your contest.

Thanks for the kind words. I love the sport folks. I'm 52 years old and grew up in Southern California, went to Lions with my dad watching him race his El Camino against his friend in his Mach 1. We went to the Winternationals every year until I moved to Pittsburgh in 1987. In my teens, I raced that same El Camino out at OCIR. From 2000 until 2011 I went to NHRA national events at Columbus/Norwalk, Maple Grove and Indy. I made a couple trips to e-town during that time. We even had a Jr Dragster for a few years that my boys ran.

The past couple of years financially have been rough so unfortunately I've depended on ESPN for my drag racing fix. Hopefully things will come together and next year I can hit a race or two.

The bottom line is, I'm a lifelong fan. The sport has evolved and changes have been made, but at the end of the day, there ain't nothin' else like it! I'm a starting line guy, and when they fire the first pair and burnouts are underway, I almost tear up! It's that f'n cool!

Yeah, my mid-life crisis will probably be another El Camino or maybe a Chevelle!

Almost forgot -
Found a really cool pic for my desktop background:

And finally, I turned around a few minutes ago and notice that on my son's lanyard hanging in my cube was one of the infamous mater lammies...enjoy!

mater1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

VERY cool on so many levels. Great job!!

Where did you obtain that picture for the wallpaper, I'd love a copy.

I'm a starting line guy, and when they fire the first pair and burnouts are underway, I almost tear up! It's that f'n cool!

Though I am a 1000ft clubber, well, before it was the finish line anyway, I would always spend at least one qualifying round at the starting line. You haven't been to the drags unless you smell of burnt rubber and have little specks of rubber on your shirt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back