Indy giveaway, is it good (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Now I want to be careful as I do not intend this to be a slam on NHRA or anyone who does enjoy these type of things. I'm just curious if this is really a draw for anyone.

I keep getting emails to renew my Indy tickets. Last year, they tossed in a shirt, which I like that idea. The year before it was a countdown cd (I politely told them to keep it). This year it is a mock winner's ring.

From the email:
"60th Annual Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals
Event Championship Replica Ring

Renew your tickets before Wednesday, May 28 and own a piece of history! In celebration of this milestone, the winning driver in each category will be awarded a 60th anniversary event championship ring along with the event Wally® in their respective category. Receive one (1) 60th Annual Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals event championship replica ring with your renewal order. Each replica ring comes with a display box and stand and is available in size 11 only. This is a limited edition item, and is not available for purchase."

Just curious if this is a bonus to people? I like the shirt idea, I understand the cd's. A hat could work too. Money off for how many years you've been in a row would be GREAT (11 straight)
The give away has no bearing on if I renew or not, it's just a nice bonus. I wonder if the ring is a draw to anyone. To me, unless I win it, I don't want it but maybe I'm weird like that.

So unofficial poll, is the ring a good idea?

I would rather have the shirt than the ring, at least I will wear the shirt. But to be honest, like you, I don't care if they gave me something or not, I'm still renewing my tickets.

I say at least they are trying something. We all complain NHRA doesn't do enough to boost attendance, now that they are doing something
let see if it works brfore we shoot the messenger.

Does the NFL give replica SuperBowl rings to fans of Oakland, Cincinnati or Detroit?

Yeah- that's what I thought.

Give me the real t-shirt over the fake ring any day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back