We're going to have a new drag racing fan in the family! (1 Viewer)

Just a quick update ... I have an appointment to see my OB and have another ultrasound next Thursday at which point I'll be 20 weeks. So if the baby cooperates we may find out if it's a boy or a girl.

We posted a poll on my newspaper's Web site and this afternoon more than 80 percent were voting for boy. :p

Just a quick update ... I have an appointment to see my OB and have another ultrasound next Thursday at which point I'll be 20 weeks. So if the baby cooperates we may find out if it's a boy or a girl.

We posted a poll on my newspaper's Web site and this afternoon more than 80 percent were voting for boy. :p

Good Luck! A friend of mine wanted a girl so bad and every time they went for an ultrasound, it had it's legs closed. She got her hopes up thinking the girl was protecting her dignity, but nope, it was another baby boy!

I think my sister in law is having a girl, she's been sick 24/7.

I honestly have no preference one way or another ... I'm just so excited to have a little one. I know the kid will be fun and awesome either way. I only hope the baby will cooperate and let us find out since so many people want to know -- especially my mother in law.

LOL! It means something to me Jenn. :)

My in-laws are freaking thrilled by the way. Jason (the hubby) and I have been married nine years. They literally thought we weren't going to have kids.
We found out right before Mother's Day that I'm pregnant so we got to tell our families Mother's Day weekend.
Jason's mom really wants to be a grandma so that made her Mother's Day gift easy. I bought a Winnie the Pooh photo album that said 'Grandma's Brag Book' on the front cover. She pulled it out of the gift bag and looked at it, was a little confused, then it dawned on her.
"Are you pregnant?!?"
I confirmed and she cried and smiled and darn near had a heart attack from joy. It was awesome. :p
Um and I was a few weeks pregnant at Vegas 1 so I guess technically my little one attended his or her first drag race in early April. :D
By the time little one arrives he'll have a couple races under his belt already. :p

Kris, first of all Congrats! Second, was this an Oppsy? Or did you plan this around your racing schedule? I've known race fans plan a pregnancy to not conflict with a race.

Kris, first of all Congrats! Second, was this an Oppsy? Or did you plan this around your racing schedule? I've known race fans plan a pregnancy to not conflict with a race.

We were trying to get pregnant ... we just didn't think it would happen so fast. Pretty much the first couple tries. :p So, it was kind of a surprise. But the kind of surprise we were hoping for ... I just figured it would take some time. Now that you mention it, I just realized the baby is due right after the NHRA season ends. LOL.

We were trying to get pregnant ... we just didn't think it would happen so fast. Pretty much the first couple tries. :p So, it was kind of a surprise. But the kind of surprise we were hoping for ... I just figured it would take some time. Now that you mention it, I just realized the baby is due right after the NHRA season ends. LOL.

Sounds like you two planned it right, btw lets try to hook up year? Last year you flaked on Chris Schoen and I!:p

Sure thing Joe! Just PM me for my contact info ... we are just finishing up a kitchen renovation so if you want to come hang out and have some dinner after the race we can do that.

I am harder to nail down when I am at the track but if you get my cell number and shoot me a tex...

Er, wait. Can the caveman phone text? ;)

Oh, here's a column I wrote for last week's paper about the pregnancy up to that point. :)

Surprises abound in life - Covington Reporter

I've known race fans plan a pregnancy to not conflict with a race.

Fred and Deanna did that with their first two, and Fred was worried that they'd cut it too close with Sam being due in January, but she came way early. Then the second one was due in Feb so they were worried that he'd have to miss the races in Chandler, but she came in Jan, so no worries there. Then there was Ugg, due in March, who not only wasn't early, but he was late, so we missed like 5 events waiting for him to hatch.

Now this next one is due in March, so it's anybody's guess.

Well our baby cooperated and revealed the truth today during the ultrasound.
Our little one is a bouncing baby girl! Woohoo! We're thrilled. So, everyone, here's our Lyla Elizabeth at 20 weeks:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTYtMjAwOTA3MDItMTYwO.jpg

Wow congratulations! Hi Lyla! I sure had her pegged for a boy, as did most people apparently!

Did they give you size specs?

Jenn, you and just about everybody else! Um the tech said she's 11 ounces, so right on target for 20 weeks, but she's probably about 12 inches long from head to rear end. Lyla was all curled up so the ultrasound tech couldn't get a measurement on her length.

So she's developing just right and everything looks great. Little Lyla looks perfect to me. :D

Jenn, you and just about everybody else! Um the tech said she's 11 ounces, so right on target for 20 weeks, but she's probably about 12 inches long from head to rear end. Lyla was all curled up so the ultrasound tech couldn't get a measurement on her length.

So she's developing just right and everything looks great. Little Lyla looks perfect to me. :D

Maybe you'll get lucky and get one of those 4D ultrasounds. My sister in law had one done with Daniel.

Well I've been spending a lot of time at the OB's office lately ... it looks like this diabetic mommy to be will go on insulin next week. Yay? Anything for my baby girl, though. :)

She'll be going to her second drag race this weekend. Heh.

I've been invited by John Force Racing to come to the pits to do some interviews and possibly shoot video/photos from the starting line. I wonder if that may be too loud for her, though. Hmm. It's hard to resist the idea since that's something I haven't done yet.

I'll probably be having another ultrasound soon, too, because since I'm a high risk pregnancy it seems I need to have them every four weeks. Hearing her heartbeat and seeing her on the monitor is the one thing that keeps me sane. So I look forward to that ... and it's cool to watch her growth. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back