We're going to have a new drag racing fan in the family! (1 Viewer)

Kris

Nitro Member
I am pregnant! And you know my little one will go to the races with me. :D

I found out about four weeks ago ... I have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy because I was about two months along when I realized that I was pregnant. Today we found out at the first ultrasound that I'm 16 weeks pregnant (I thought I was about eight lol) but everything looks great and I feel pretty good. I am fighting off a cold right now and a minor infection but I should be feeling better in a few days. Amazingly I have not had morning sickness at all.

Anyway, we'll find out in a few weeks if it's a boy or a girl. We have names picked out and the baby's room is already painted and has new flooring in so we just need to replace the outlet covers then we can start furnishing the room. :)

Here's a pic of the little one:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzQtMjAwOTA2MDUtMDk1N.jpg

Congratulations. My mother tells us that you get the worst morning sickness if you are carrying a baby girl. It's held true for all my sister in laws.

So my bet is on a baby boy :)

So what are the names?

congrats

lets see name could be Nitro and nitroette :)

Congratulations. My mother tells us that you get the worst morning sickness if you are carrying a baby girl. It's held true for all my sister in laws.

So my bet is on a baby boy :)

So what are the names?

I'm kind of feeling that way too ... :D

If we have a boy, his name will be Liam Eli, and if it's a girl her name will be Lyla Elizabeth.

I approve! (not that my approval means much...lol)

LOL! It means something to me Jenn. :)

My in-laws are freaking thrilled by the way. Jason (the hubby) and I have been married nine years. They literally thought we weren't going to have kids.
We found out right before Mother's Day that I'm pregnant so we got to tell our families Mother's Day weekend.
Jason's mom really wants to be a grandma so that made her Mother's Day gift easy. I bought a Winnie the Pooh photo album that said 'Grandma's Brag Book' on the front cover. She pulled it out of the gift bag and looked at it, was a little confused, then it dawned on her.
"Are you pregnant?!?"
I confirmed and she cried and smiled and darn near had a heart attack from joy. It was awesome. :p
Um and I was a few weeks pregnant at Vegas 1 so I guess technically my little one attended his or her first drag race in early April. :D
By the time little one arrives he'll have a couple races under his belt already. :p

Thank you Kelly!

And thank you Eric ... I hope so, too, though I keep having these freak out moments about some little thing I did before I knew I was pregnant. Oh, and I'm a type 2 diabetic, so ack!

I may be put on insulin. Or so said my endocrinologist today. I don't mind it so much if that's what best for the baby ...

My gosh ... I can't believe how much I am worried and I'm only four months pregnant. I hear it never ends. :p

I go see the OB next Friday. I can't wait so I can find out if there's anything else I need to do to make sure the rest of this pregnancy does go smoothly. And to help calm me down. I hate being so neurotic.

Congrats Kris & Jason!!!
:cool::cool:

I'm glad you & the little one already did Vegas: Seattle then won't be a shock to him/her!!!

Note to self: At races, when I see a pregant lady, go up & say "Kris?!?!"
:D

Congrats Kris & Jason!!!
:cool::cool:

I'm glad you & the little one already did Vegas: Seattle then won't be a shock to him/her!!!

Note to self: At races, when I see a pregant lady, go up & say "Kris?!?!"
:D

Thanks!

Yeah I think the loud noises may not startle the little one too much in there but by the time the race rolls around up here I will be ... *counts on fingers and toes* .... 5 1/2 months pregnant and the baby will be moving around a ton more. Apparently at this stage the baby can already hear noises outside the womb and be startled by loud noises. So I will remember that if I get any kicks in the ribs during a burn out or launch that will be why. LOL. I am seriously debating going all three days this year ... I may skip Saturday because it will be more crowded and just go for Friday afternoon and the finals on Sunday. I don't want to over do it.

By the time the race rolls around, though, I'll know if we're having a boy or girl. So you can walk up and say 'Kris?' then lean down to my belly and go 'Liam?' or 'Lyla?' LOL

Thanks!

Yeah I think the loud noises may not startle the little one too much in there but by the time the race rolls around up here I will be ... *counts on fingers and toes* .... 5 1/2 months pregnant and the baby will be moving around a ton more. Apparently at this stage the baby can already hear noises outside the womb and be startled by loud noises. So I will remember that if I get any kicks in the ribs during a burn out or launch that will be why. LOL. I am seriously debating going all three days this year ... I may skip Saturday because it will be more crowded and just go for Friday afternoon and the finals on Sunday. I don't want to over do it.

By the time the race rolls around, though, I'll know if we're having a boy or girl. So you can walk up and say 'Kris?' then lean down to my belly and go 'Liam?' or 'Lyla?' LOL

Kris,

My sister in laws both went to the races while they were pretty far along and all of the babies did summersaults when the nitro cars went down. Daniel was 7 months cooked at one point and Kathy would pull her shirt down tight and you could see Daniel's body move around and try and rearrange Kathy's intestines. Ah...memories ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back