Well, that didn't last long (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member

The NHRA giveth. The NHRA taketh away.

you can't ever make a heads up class fair to all parties when there are multiple power adder or engine combo's involved. PDRA did it right. split the cars up into separate classes.

What's interesting is that Pro Boost in PDRA has gone down to 8 car fields, while Pro Nitrous is 16 cars. And both classes are running almost the same ET's. I kinda wonder why they just don't put the 2 classes together. That would be interesting.

What's interesting is that Pro Boost in PDRA has gone down to 8 car fields, while Pro Nitrous is 16 cars. And both classes are running almost the same ET's. I kinda wonder why they just don't put the 2 classes together. That would be interesting.
The rules for PDRA are written so that the qualified field size depends on the total number of entries for the weekend. They require at least 13 entries to use a 16-car ladder (i.e. a large enough field so that there is no semifinal bye). Fewer than that goes to an 8-car ladder (or 4-car, like in the later days of PX). I think there would be a revolt if the classes were combined for anything other than exhibition. I've heard in the past that the participants have no interest in doing that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back