Weak entry list for Winternationals (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
Just checked the entry list for the big race next weekend and the TF and FC fields are pretty weak. Just 12 entries for TF and 14 for FC. This is sure disappointing but not surprising I guess, considering recent trends. Seems like not long ago it was common to have at least 18 to 20 entries in each class for the Pomona races. I will still be going as always, but sure hate to see so many potential first round by runs.

Alex Miladinovich's Hot4Teacher funny car will be in Pomona. Alex just finished his license runs in Vegas yesterday.

Last edited:
Alex Miladinovich's Hot4Teacher funny car will be in Pomona. Alex just finished his license runs in Vegas yesterday.
just saw his name on entry list and was going to ask about him. what is alex's background/story?

Alex Miladinovich has come up through the nostalgia scene here in So. Cal.

BTW, don't for get that NHRA will be bring in the nostalgia cars to help fill the void.

Jeff Diehl just announced they won't make it so drop FC to 17 and Scott Palmer also so TF is back down to 14.

Last edited:
I know that is none of our business, but wonder why Torrance has decided to to pass on the Winternationals?

It's all sad because picture this: Mike Salinas starts his season in Houston, rolls in to NC-2, with a Sunday record of 56-0 and 14 wins, and HE IS OUT? Scott Palmer runs all 18, rolls into NC-2, with a Sunday record of 8-17, and 1 DNQ and HE IS IN? Unlikely, but how stupid would NHRA look if Mike does win 14 straight and can't challenge for anything more that what, 13th or 15th place. Both hypothetical seasons here are not crap where Palmer should be "replaced" as his season has merit. We just finished being forced to witness another countdown times 13, and it was hard enough to even take the points seriously before Indy. Now they take all the reason away? This is not the solution and NHRA is asleep at the wheel. The solution: Other than the few and far between run away points in all classes at all the race, Hight and Torrence type run away seasons will happen every now and again, but the solution is to throw the countdown away and if that won't happen copy Nascar's countdown qualification without all the coming bumps.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back