Norwalk fields (1 Viewer)

Yes, McPhillips is the owner of the Cummings car. Nataas and Hunter Green are piloting the Meyer cars. Megan and Rachel were not expected to be driving at any NHRA National events this season. I’m a little surprised that Jasmine Salinas is not racing in Norwalk.

Yes, McPhillips is the owner of the Cummings car. Nataas and Hunter Green are piloting the Meyer cars. Megan and Rachel were not expected to be driving at any NHRA National events this season. I’m a little surprised that Jasmine Salinas is not racing in Norwalk.
if not the nhra, who is Gunk advertising to on the side of megan's TAD?
matt drove the mcphillips car to much success prior to tony, so i'm taking a guess that the team always had two chassis? maybe two complete cars? and now possibly a third?
i forgot that hunter is aligned with meyers.......agree on jasmine.

if not the nhra, who is Gunk advertising to on the side of megan's TAD?
matt drove the mcphillips car to much success prior to tony, so i'm taking a guess that the team always had two chassis? maybe two complete cars? and now possibly a third?
i forgot that hunter is aligned with meyers.......agree on jasmine.
When the Gunk sponsorship was announced, they said it would be for the four nitro chaos events.

I wonder what the A/FD drivers think of 1/8 mile racing? Nitro Chaos is a good show, really cool to see AA/FA VS A/FD.

Nice to see two Manitoba-based dragsters entered in TAD. The Doug Doucette team with Alan Bradshaw driving and the Clif Bakx team with Todd Bruce at the wheel. Bradshaw was runner-up last year to Matthew Cummings.

have always enjoyed watching the doucette group.......years ago, when they first went to injected nitro, i recall they had the wildest looking injector stacks.
i memory is correct, they were curved? (almost like headers), would have been back in 90's i think

But back to field size.....what I don't get is the low quotas for sportsman cars like Stock and Super Stock. The Midwest is a hotbed of great door-slammer racers.

But back to field size.....what I don't get is the low quotas for sportsman cars like Stock and Super Stock. The Midwest is a hotbed of great door-slammer racers.
It has a lot to do with available pit space and race schedule.

i think it has a lot to do with all the added classes in last decade or so. top dragster, top sportsman, factory stock, the harley bike class, mmps, pm, etc.
all these classes were not at national events back in the day. for these reasons and probably some others, seems like nhra wants 50-60 car fields for STK, SS, SG, and SC.
definitely pit space plays a roll, but i'll always use BIR as an example. they have huge pit space, and have always run a 4-day national. if you look back in archives on DRC
you'll see in 1998 that STK had 118, SS had 47, SG had 88, SC had 99, comp had 25 ......... this year the quota at BIR for STK, SS, SG, and SC is 55.

Last edited:
Most likely during a National event, The Sportsman classes take the back burner which means if something happens like weather or other things, They basically sit at their pit all weekend and just wait to run. It would suck to sit there all day then when NHRA is satisfied with their main program, They'll throw them in at the end of the day just to chop the field down in each class . There are so many times during the day waiting that you can bbq.

i think it has a lot to do with all the added classes in last decade or so. top dragster, top sportsman, factory stock, the harley bike class, mmps, pm, etc.
all these classes were not at national events back in the day.
It has a lot to do with available pit space and race schedule.
I think you're both right, although I raced at Norwalk (in the '80s-'90s) at the Halloween Classic where they had 800 cars on the property. This event had 425 cars. And yeah, we were pitted way out in the weeds, but one big difference was the size of the rigs and space allotted per team. We had a Suburban and an open trailer, no EZ-ups, pit mats, etc. so our pit space footprint was smaller.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back