We have Audiocast on Monday! (1 Viewer)

What part is copyrighted Dan?? :confused: There's no mention anywhere on NHRA.com about this...

Since the 1989 Berne Convention Implementation Act. any original work is automatically covered by copyright whether there's a disclaimer or not.

That includes broadcasts.

I'm not an attorney and certainly have no standing to invoke rights in this case. I was just mentioning that Alan had seemed to clear something up for me.

How about looking out the window and sharing what I see. Is that a violation of copyright laws?

Alan

Listening to all of the pre-recorded commercial spots reminds me of many National Event weekends at National Trails.

Do they just put the CD player in "shuffle" mode?

Since the 1989 Berne Convention Implementation Act. any original work is automatically covered by copyright whether there's a disclaimer or not.

That includes broadcasts.

I'm not an attorney and certainly have no standing to invoke rights in this case. I was just mentioning that Alan had seemed to clear something up for me.
Thanks Dan- :cool: I understand copyright law and am not an attorney either, however, I have had my artwork published without written permission, so I understand...

I'll have to review the act you mention-

The last thing I want is anything to do with lawyers... :eek:

I just wonder if an audiocast on the web is the same as a broadcast... :confused:

Thank you though- :cool: I'll do some reading before posting again... Anyone understand greek??

1:04 PM...

The audio broadcast just gave us an update that the event is still in a hold pattern.

Don't get concerned (yet) about the "dead air".

1:25 PM...

They just announced rain should stop soon.

The plan is to dry and run. The radar shows a 2 hour window.

Finals in TF, Semis in other Pro Classes still left.

How about looking out the window and sharing what I see. Is that a violation of copyright laws?

Alan

Dunno. One more time, I'm not an attorney.

Of course, you could try that at a NFL, MLB, NBA, or NHL game and see what they say about it. Or maybe even at a NASCAR race or the Indy 500.

As I said, I guess NHRA takes a different stance.

It's always good to be educated on these things.

My opinion, if there is someone with money upset about something...........he won't have any trouble finding an attorney to take his money and litigate it :rolleyes:

I'm still bummed I didn't get up earlier enough and have net access, I could be back at the track right now:(

Hi Rayyyyyyyyyy

Still on hold?? Just came back from a meeting and my audiocast is d-e-a-d...

Alan - thanks so much for the updates!! You Rock, and I enjoyed your morning greeting yesterday :D

As far as copyrighted material goes I'm confused.....does that mean MLB/Houston Astros can sue me for sending out a gazillion text messages from the game when Biggio hit his 3000th hit? :rolleyes:

As far as copyrighted material goes I'm confused.....does that mean MLB/Houston Astros can sue me for sending out a gazillion text messages from the game when Biggio hit his 3000th hit? :rolleyes:

I don't know the technicalities, but I doubt any court would hear a case for the few messages you did send.

It's mostly a matter of audience, I think. If you had a site on the internet and were sending it there where the prospective views could be much more, I would imagine they would take notice.

I'm surprised a Texas girl who would be expected to have listened / watched a Cowboys game or two never heard the "any rebroadcast" disclaimer.

I'm pretty much done with this discussion. Roll your eyes all you want.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back