Peggy 6.96

028 to 105 on the tree

Alan

Top Fuel is next

The crowd is thin, the teams are getting regular turn around time

COMP is here and ready, they will run in front of Top Fuel

Alan

Last edited:
Is the NCAA Basketball Champion any less of a champion because they did it through an bracketed and seeded elimination process rather than being the team with the best regular season record?

The new NHRA championship is what it is...a change from what we've had in the past but still the "championship".

Not the same thing - Gonzaga State can't take out North Carolina if they weren't included in the selection process.

Plus, there are at large entrants who didn't win their conference tournament but had a record good enough to be included. Note that they use the season's record in addition to the playoff format in the various conferences, unilke the NHRA.

Is the NCAA Basketball Champion any less of a champion because they did it through a bracketed and seeded elimination process rather than being the team with the best regular season record?

The new NHRA championship is what it is...a change from what we've had in the past but still the "championship".

It is widely known that the best team isn't always the one that wins championships in other sports. In season trades, home field adavantage, refs, injuries, hot streaks at the right time, matchups and other things play into that. In drag racing our champ has always been whoever was the best that season over the entire season, one of the only true champs in sports. Now that is gone, a bastardize welfare racing system:rolleyes:

I'm going to get out of the way so I won't bother you guys that want to whine about the points.

Have fun

Alan

I'm going to get out of the way so I won't bother you guys that want to whine about the points.

Have fun

Alan

Honest difference of opinion = whining?

Supporting the program = brown nosing?

Funny how a choice of words works.

I've wondered about the re-transmission of copyrighted material in the past but since an NHRA employee/contractor is doing it I guess the answer is it's OK.

Not the same thing - Gonzaga State can't take out North Carolina if they weren't included in the selection process.

Plus, there are at large entrants who didn't win their conference tournament but had a record good enough to be included. Note that they use the season's record in addition to the playoff format in the various conferences, unilke the NHRA.

At least the NHRA format has a formal selection criteria for all positions.

The NCAA ignores season records, rankings, and strength of schedule (see 2006 University of Akron men's basketball team) to choose whichever teams that they like in the 'at-large' selection process.

Imagine the furor if the "NHRA Selection Team" decided to place Ashley Force as the 8 seed because she was more marketable than another driver.

It is widely known that the best team isn't always the one that wins championships in other sports. In season trades, home field adavantage, refs, injuries, hot streaks at the right time, matchups and other things play into that. In drag racing our champ has always been whoever was the best that season over the entire season, one of the only true champs in sports. Now that is gone, a bastardize welfare racing system:rolleyes:

Unless of course your driver ignores the "ref" and his direction to shut off the car, doesn't get penalized, and then wins the 2007 Top Fuel Championship by one round.

:::Cough:::: Shoe :::Cough:::

At least the NHRA format has a formal selection criteria for all positions.

The NCAA ignores season records, rankings, and strength of schedule (see 2006 University of Akron men's basketball team) to choose whichever teams that they like in the 'at-large' selection process.

Imagine the furor if the "NHRA Selection Team" decided to place Ashley Force as the 8 seed because she was more marketable than another driver.

Now I'm confused. In your first message, you put up the NCAA Tournament as example to be respected...

Is the NCAA Basketball Champion any less of a champion because they did it through a bracketed and seeded elimination process rather than being the team with the best regular season record?

And now you're pointing out that it's not that good?

And you didn't address the ability of a team not in competition for the title being able to take out one that is.

Alan, THANK YOU for keeping us up to date while we waited for the wonderful ;) Kelly to give us that link!! Now, I just have to stay awake thru Comp...LOL.

Now I'm confused. In your first message, you put up the NCAA Tournament as example to be respected...

No, I pointed it out to support my "it is what it is" statement.

Whether it be NHRA or NCAA, the "sanctioning body" gets to choose how they determine their champion, no matter how flawed the process may be.

As far as I'm concerned, we now return to our regularly scheduled thread. :D

Last edited:
Talk about drama

V wins, he's in

Herbert wins, he's in

Del wins, and he's in

and same with PSB

pretty cool...............

Unless of course your driver ignores the "ref" and his direction to shut off the car, doesn't get penalized, and then wins the 2007 Top Fuel Championship by one round.

:::Cough:::: Shoe :::Cough:::

although this should be for another thread, i have to say, that is the post of the millenium, maybe of all time! ive said all along, doug kalitta is the real champ! imagine if buster was still starter. anyway now back to racing!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back