View on NHRA Sponsorship (1 Viewer)

Today's coverage of the Epping race made my point about racers like Cameron Ferre. I watched the Friday and Saturday qualifying coverage, as well as today's final coverage. The only time I heard Cameron Ferre's name mentioned during the five total hours of coverage was during his first round race against Antron. I did not look online for the qualifying results and didn't know if Cameron had qualified until he was firing up against Antron.
And then when Dom Lagana beat Brittany in the first round (which I had hoped would happen), I told my wife that Brittany, and not Dom, would be the one interviewed after that run. Sure enough, that's what happened.
Since NHRA is putting these TV packages together, they, and not Fox Sports, should be the ones promoting the up and coming racers. Why don't they do that?

Just to clarify, being an "Official Partner of NHRA" does not close the door on competing sponsors. The Series Sponsor Mello Yello get's exclusivity, they are the only one.

A couple of examples.
Toyota is the Official Car of NHRA. Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge all have a Very Big presence in the pits and the sport.
Lucas is the Official Oil, but Pennzoil sponsors cars, teams, and races. Red Line and others are also heavily involved
Summit is the Official Mail Order, but JEGS is everywhere.

That's just a few,

Alan
What about Monster Energy or Rocket Energy drinks? Since Coke doesn’t want competitive sponsors that they don’t own!
I know Brittney was sponsored by Monster but that’s because Coke bought them!
I’m sure there are lots of energy drink companies that would like to sponsor a car but won’t get that opportunity!

Money talks
put up enough you too can make the rules
Coke, Harley, .................................
you do not truly believe all these things happen randomly

Let's put a couple of true entrepreneurs on the NHRA Board of Directors. Can anyone think of a good reason why Don Garlits and Kenny Bernstein aren't on the BOD. Think of the wealth of experience and hustle mentality both would bring to the NHRA.

Just to clarify, being an "Official Partner of NHRA" does not close the door on competing sponsors. The Series Sponsor Mello Yello get's exclusivity, they are the only one.

A couple of examples.
Toyota is the Official Car of NHRA. Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge all have a Very Big presence in the pits and the sport.
Lucas is the Official Oil, but Pennzoil sponsors cars, teams, and races. Red Line and others are also heavily involved
Summit is the Official Mail Order, but JEGS is everywhere.

That's just a few,

Alan

Nascar is the same way. When they had Nextel, I believe it was Jeff Burton that had ATT. They made him take it off the car. Now, with Monster. They dont allow competing brands in as well. Its not just NHRA, to those that are blind to the reality of how motor sports really works. If Im Gatorade, no way Im letting Powerade come into my field and play.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back