Comp Plus As The Rumor Mill Turns (1 Viewer)

It’s funny how much of what is in the article has been talked about here. A few new nuggets though. Never heard of the Wilkerson/Alexander connection but an Alexander/AJR team up would make some sense. We know Salinas is slowly expanding his operation so it would make sense if Alexander was a teammate. I’ve always thought Alexander would end up with DSR.

I conquer, great article.

Sounds to me like JFR may be running shy on sponsorship dollars if Monster Energy indeed has pulled out, or at least greatly reduced their donation to the team. During the families annual winter break in Lake Tahoe, Britt was wearing some Monster logo clothing, but who's to say that she wasn't still under contract until the end of 2018 and/or didn't own any other winter clothing with out Monster logos? That said, maybe, just maybe JFR is down to John Force and Robert Hight in FC and Britt in TF with Advanced Auto Parts as the primary. Think about it, if DSR is more or less missing the Wild Horse test and Tony has not announced a sponsor, plus Leah sounding like she is running thin on sponsorship dollars, the big hitters of the NHRA pro categories maybe on hard times.

Now I haven't gone back and looked at the exact time line, but it seems that the AJR deal falling through and the Alexander move are pretty close to one another. I have a funny feeling that the Salinas/AJR alliance will be a two car deal with Alexander bringing the missing cheddar to drive the number two car.

And one more thing about JFR, part of me thinks they could ditch the TF car and put Britt in a third funny car. But Grubnic is a TF guy, so that leads me to think that is not the case.

Finally, the silly season is getting really silly!

record attendance. tv ratings up. anyone else remember those phrases from 2018? they must not use them in sponsor sales pitches :rolleyes:......i think rite now there is no substitute for private money.
i.e. teams that are financed either totally or partially by independently wealthy team owners, close friends, or associates

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back