View on NHRA Sponsorship (1 Viewer)

I understand what you're saying, Jim, but the only fair way to make that comparison is to look at the balance sheets of the two entities compared to the costs to the spectators of each sport. Knowing what these stick and ball sports athletes get paid, I can only imagine how far out of balance this comparison would end up.

Even saying that, and saying what I said earlier in the thread, I'm like you and not completely convinced that any attendance issue this sport has, whether it be real or perceived is directly related to cost. Maybe, maybe not. But like the article at Comp plus illustrates, this sport is tailor made for this generation of extreme entertainment, yet viewership remains at a level that fortune 500 companies continue to be uninterested. Something's up, that's for sure........

Sean D

I just wanna know if you all are so smart and have all the answers. Why dont you race? Why dont you go to NHRA and tell them how its done? Gotta love the armchair Crew Chiefs lol

I just wanna know if you all are so smart and have all the answers. Why dont you race? Why dont you go to NHRA and tell them how its done? Gotta love the armchair Crew Chiefs lol
Because it's just a free exchange of ideas on a discussion forum - no involvement necessary.

Like I said...Why arent any of you out there if you know it all??? As I figured no good answers just wanna be's!!!

I'm pretty sure you were at Irwindale 2 weeks ago, One of the people who did it for LOVE was running that deal. There is no LOVE left in Glendora. They just hire suits and then, hope they learn what drag racing is. :(

If we get rid of all the executives of NHRA it is about $5 million a year in salaries. Amount is actually lower but we will use this number. numbers based on 2017 tax returns of NHRA. 24 events would have additional $208,000 a event. 32 fuel teams get $4,000 each approx. Prostock car and bike 32 teams get $2,000 each. No money left for non qualifiers with this scenario. Not much money when you break it down. Who then runs the business?

Is the tv show too long comparison. NHRA event with 2 fuel classes with 16 car fields and 2 prostock 16 car fields which makes 60 on track races. 3 hour show. NFl average 145 plays 3 hour show. NBA averages 133 shots 2 hour show. Baseball over 200 pitches 3 hour game

I think some of the old Steve gibbs shows were 1 hour

Is the tv show too long comparison. NHRA event with 2 fuel classes with 16 car fields and 2 prostock 16 car fields which makes 60 on track races. 3 hour show. NFl average 145 plays 3 hour show. NBA averages 133 shots 2 hour show. Baseball over 200 pitches 3 hour game

How many shots in golf ??? Was gonna count, but fell asleep.

Problem with NHRA is the three nitro classes, and possibly Pro mod are the only things they have that people want to see. Street outlaws has presented drag racing to an entirely new crowd. They don't have that much interest in nitro, because although it is fun to watch, they can't do it like we did back in the day. Zero interest in any cars that can be the first to the finish line and loose. The stuff like Donald "Duck" is doing is the future of drag racing.

It will be done on 1/8th mile tracks mostly. I was at Famosa recently and was watching the crowd reaction. As two cars left, people watched until they got half way down, then 80% of them looked back at the starting line to see what was next.

Go to NHRA and tell them how it's done.............................

That's a good one.

Sean D

Im not the one bitching and complaining about them!

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the concept of "telling them how it's done". You act like you're the only one on this board that races or has raced, and you're about as condescending to some people on this board as some folks affiliated with NHRA that I've witnessed during conversations with various racers over the years when trying to communicate concerns.

Everything in life is about communication, and if you're complaining without bringing potential solutions to the table, you're only half-way there. That I will agree with you on. That article by AJ's marketing gal at Comp Plus says everything that needs to be said. Hard conversations need to be had, with harder decisions that will need to be made. It's necessary for the long-term health of the sport. But until the egos on BOTH sides get parked, it will be a waste of time.

Sean D

Roger, you mean Steve Evans, right?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back