U.S. Nationals needed improvements (1 Viewer)

They used to have "Did you know" or "now you know" video segments on the screen when it was WinstonVision ... I seem to recall everyone complaining about seeing the same segments during the course of the weekend and at multiple national events every year.

very true, they need to record 30 or 40 segments rather than the 8-10 they did before

Had a great time on Monday. Small crowd but great racing and NHRA keep the show moving very well. Did not even know about the Force/TPed deal until I watched it later that evening. Crazy stuff.
Congrats to Sonny and Duane in the TEC parking lot. Absolute best at customer service. All ORP employees should model themselves after these two fine gentleman! Thanks guys.

I feel its time for me to chime in , At 5'8" tall I was cramped for leg room on pit side ,but yet i felt it was a great improvement over what was there in the past ,and at many other NHRA facility's for that matter .

But the biggest let down or improvement needed was the lack of hype and sponorship ,no big Bud shoutout ....and so on

I brought a Indy Newbie with me {this was my 19th year ,so I feel as though I seen a few things there }and to them they felt or seemed as though it was just another race ,sad
Mac tools didn't even have it advertised on their monthly tool flyer ? I beleive it there last year as a event sponosr but why not go out with a bang ?

Atleast the rat trap sounded good
Why can't we have no nitro limit at 1000' foot racing,I was watching some old footage the other day when they were even doing dry hops, the cars sounded so much better and seeing the nitro fire in the pipes at idle,during the day!
Man it sucks getting old !

Something no one has touched on and maybe it's only me, I have been going there every year since 1984 and time has taken a toll on my body. I am now legally handicapped. The attention paid to people with physical issues at IRP absolutely stinks especially on the west side. Unmonitored and scarce handicapped parking at the campground. When you get to the gate, you may get a shuttle if one shows up. In years prior they would call on the radio to get one. This year on Monday, the workers were told not to call for shuttles. We were forced to walk in. Friday and Sat nights after racing there were no shuttles to be found. Thanks to the sherrif who took us out on his cart we are most grateful. Once you get to the track, there is handicapped seating in the first row on the north end with chairs provided which is really pretty nice. However, on one day 3 of the 4 attendants were too busy sending text messages on the phones to help anyone. I walk with a very obvious limp and I had to argue with one of them to be able to take a chair off the pile so I could sit down. We saw very little supervision of the people while we were there.

I have also attended races at Joliet, and none of this is allowed. Parking is right behind the seats, shuttles are available even to go to the fuel pits, and the staff is genuinely concerned that EVERYONE has a good time.

I'm not asking for much for the people who have an extra challenge getting to the races and we certainly pay the same for tickets but if Joliet can get this right, what's wrong with the flagship of the NHRA. Sorry for the rant, everyone. I'll be quiet now.:eek:

not sure why shaded bleachers aren't discussed more....at least for top
spenders in TEC club.

here's one out in left field.......bleachers in pits to watch nitro teams
between rounds. 20 sets of small high school style bleachers.
1 for each of top 10 teams in TF and FC, with food vendors just behind.

what do in downtime? dogs jumping thru fire rings ;)
or have a contest to guess how many t-shirts the geico guys will
shoot into the crowd.....one?

There actually is another reason crew chiefs & team members walk the track before a session (aside from checking track surface), they are looking for nuts, washers, etc that might have fallen off a car and not been noticed. My son said you'd be amazed the stuff they find. However, I will admit it's probably not necessary to have so many out there.

With regard to the handicap situation at Indy. I would suggest you write to the management at the track and let them know your experience. That's the only way you're going to get things corrected.

And, finally, NHRA isn't the only one who gives out free passes. They also come from manufacturers, sponsors, & pro teams. I know that without the passes I get from my son, there's no way I can afford to go to a national event.....it's a social security thing.

A complaint of mine is NHRA/ORP having a band playing directly behind the east side grandstand DURING racing action. If people are so bored with drag racing that they'd rather watch a band, LET EM GO TO A BAR!!!!!:mad::mad:

A complaint of mine is NHRA/ORP having a band playing directly behind the east side grandstand DURING racing action. If people are so bored with drag racing that they'd rather watch a band, LET EM GO TO A BAR!!!!!:mad::mad:

I was at a band concert and a drag race broke out ! haha

bill,
same thing happens @ BIR, the ARMY and Full Throttle displays are
directly behind bleachers pumping out noise pollution all day long.
the noise pollution belongs on the track and in the pits.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back