Indy Race was great - but can we do better? (1 Viewer)

Clark W.

Nitro Member
I said many of these things last year, but the need still jumps out at me when I attend "The Nationals"

OK, my 2 cents about Indy. The new (2nd year) eastside grandstands are great (long overdue). Finally a better way for the corporate customers (and all fans) and their guests to have a quality seat just minutes from the Nitro pits. Grade A+.

Speaker (PA) and sound system are just awful. Cannot understand well at all. I checked out the west side also and was still very poor. We need to get into the 21st century on this stuff. Needs major overhaul. Grade D-.

We need 3 more video boards. One between the Top Eliminator Club and the west grandstand facing the new grandstand. Another at the end of the west stand facing the new grandstand. And another next to the tower facing the TEC and west grandstand. Then move the existing board closer to the east stand facing the west grandstand. There is room for all of these and if we want to make this a more legit, big time sport, the facilities must be more major league. It would make the downtime much easier to sit through. The drag race fan sits through a whole lot of nothing. Maybe live reports from the pits of the guys who just ran and the problems they had during the run, with video of the repairs in action, etc and better replays. I know there are costs involved but we must step up!

The pro sessions on Friday and Saturday were very solid to say the least. The oil-downs were minimal (due to L.N. driving through) and everything was on schedule. The weather was great and the crowd was very solid all weekend. Congrats to NHRA for a well run show.

One last thing I think would be cool. I stand at the fence at the finish line at some point during the event and its very difficult to see the tree. Even in the stands in Sec BB on the east-side, you cannot see the flash of yellow because of the "blinder/dividers" and we are right in line of the side of the tree. Or add another set of bulbs down the side of the tree directly toward the stands. And there is now way to see the red-light in the far lane (you only know when you look at the scoreboard) Would it not be cool if we had some kind of tree every 300 feet or so that faced the fans. It could be one-sided and out in the grass between the wall and stands as to not distract from anything happening on the track, but it would be a real plus for the fans and something new.

Ok, thats my 2 cents worth...................

were the east side highrise bleachers new this year or last? whatever the case,
agreed, huge improvement for the nitro pit side. starting line shots on tv
really make the place look impressive.

I also sat In section BB down in the 1st row , would have been nice to have a second jumbotron on the other side, I had to jump up and look around people to see the screen , Joliet has them on both sides , just my 2 cents worth ,

Randy those new Pitside stands looked Full both Fri-Sat nights both! And as far as the P.A. Goes, it depended on where you were seated, I was in Sec. B on the West side all weekend and it was great for us, but down track around halftrack it was awful!

I agree on the video screen for the east side. Hopefully they address that in the future. I had to keep looking over the stands to try to see any video.

A small gripe, really. I had such a great time that I can't complain!

LOSE THE BAND playing directly behind the east side grandstand! Put it in the infield if you have to have one! Dumb, geeky bull****!

I think all tracks need to have more than one video screen.

Great racing all weekend

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back