Jumbotron at WildHorse pass (1 Viewer)

BrianT

Nitro Member
This was our first visit to Wildhorse Pass. We were on the spectators side (S1) on the starting line and could not see the jumbotron at the end of the track.....they really need to add another one up by the starting line so those people can see it. We have been to many other tracks and they always have 2 jumbotrons on opposite side. One other question is why do people in the stands have to stand up with each race to see the end, if they all stayed seated we could all see the final win lights and times.

This was our first visit to Wildhorse Pass. We were on the spectators side (S1) on the starting line and could not see the jumbotron at the end of the track.....they really need to add another one up by the starting line so those people can see it. We have been to many other tracks and they always have 2 jumbotrons on opposite side. One other question is why do people in the stands have to stand up with each race to see the end, if they all stayed seated we could all see the final win lights and times.

I was in P2 (the pit side) and couldn't see the jumbotron either because it was too small. Agree they should have a second one by the starting line like at Pomona.

. . . One other question is why do people in the stands have to stand up with each race to see the end, if they all stayed seated we could all see the final win lights and times.
Brian, I doubt whether anyone can answer that. Maybe start with an easier question, such as, "What's the meaning of life?" ;)

......... One other question is why do people in the stands have to stand up with each race to see the end, if they all stayed seated we could all see the final win lights and times.
Because its the Drags, that's the way it's always been done, and that's the way it always will be done. You stand at the Drags.

It can be a pain for those that can't see, but it sure does elevate the energy level of a race when people care enough to stand up.

At Vegas the stands angle out little from the track towards the top end, it does help with both issues sitting or standing

Because its the Drags, that's the way it's always been done, and that's the way it always will be done. You stand at the Drags.
But if I remember right in Vegas the Jumbotron is by the starting line so not a problem. The one in Phoenix was way down the track-couldn't see virtually anything from around the starting line

I've never understood the need to sit near the starting line. All the action is from half track down and the cars are really trucking towards the end. Pay attention to where all the crews and drivers sit. Try it a time or two. I believe you'll stay there.

I agree, half track is the best place to sit, especially the top row. Altho, if you do sit on the starting line, you can really get a sense of how fast the cars go down the track. Was at WH for the test session, and watching the funny cars. Little "slow" off the line, then after about 200', they just fly. Amazing how fast those cars are going in so little time. I went to my first race in 1961 at San Fernando drags. A good run for a T/F car would have been 180-185 in 8 seconds. I think T/F today is doing 185 in about 2 seconds. The technology has just gotten so unreal!

I usually move around to get the most out of runs. I'll spend some time at the starting line, then mid track, then top end. Each section is unique with sight and sound.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back