TV ratings for Denver/Sonoma? (1 Viewer)

Could be bc the coverage isnt good,1st and 2nd round are over in 6 minutes. Espn coverage was better except for start times

would think the real disappointment is that the us nationals did not draw a combined 1million+ viewers over sunday/monday with live programming on both FSN1 and network (sunday was on FSN1, monday was combination of both).......all the western swing races that were live on the network exceeded indy, and they were only a single day......i wouldn't want to be in charge of making changes to schedule based on a previous year's numbers......almost have to try something different, but how, and what, and when???

It's also a holiday weekend, many people don't sit around the house to watch a sporting event.

2016 indy 500 with a 3.8 rating over mem. day weekend.......tv's are still on over holiday weekends.

Yeah just not to much to NHRA!
The new program format sucks, I like Tony, but behind the wheel of a F/C.
Dunn had a much better TV personality.
The fact that NHRA Allaccess decides to do an upgrade right in the beginning of the races that count makes me suspicious that they were forcing you to watch TV on the network to increase the viewer numbers!
I wouldn't put it past them because it sure pissed off a lot of subscribers!
Me in particular!
I'm hesitant to order it again next year that they will pull the same crap!
Let's face it it much better watching the whole event on a 75" flat screen than a laptop or smart phone.
The theater sound makes it more enjoyable!

2016 indy 500 with a 3.8 rating over mem. day weekend.......tv's are still on over holiday weekends.

true, I always think of more people getting outside on Labor Day as it's viewed as the last hurrah for summer.

If you have a laptop and a HDMI cable, you can watch it on your 75" flat screen and theater sound. That's the way I do it.

I know I can but I shouldn't have to since I bought a Roku so I wouldn't have to and if I did I would still have no theater sound.
I still don't agree that they should have done the update until the season was over!
Don't you agree?

true, I always think of more people getting outside on Labor Day as it's viewed as the last hurrah for summer.

PJ I agree with your point!
They really need to think about their schedule.
They should consider taking the facilities that get two events and maybe change venues or give a second event to the markets that have good attendance.

as per racer.com, nhra tv scores thru atlanta

pomona: .79 rating, 1.2m viewers on FOX, up from .4 640k viewers on FS1 in 2016
phoenix: .36 546k viewers on FS1, down from .42 645k on FS1 in 2016
gators: .29 439k viewers on FS1, down from .35 514k on FS1 in 2016
vegas: .61 1m viewers on FS1, down from .8 1.3m on FS1 in 2016
houston: .32 490k viewers on FS1, flat from 2016 (but my earlier post in this thread shows 605k viewers in 2016?)
charlotte: .33 530k viewers on FS1, up from .32 475k in 2016
atlanta: .24 378k viewers on FS1...... (down from 1.37m viewers following nascar in 2016)

when competing on same network and not having aid of nascar, the 4wides are so far the success story in 2017.

as per racer.com, nhra tv scores thru atlanta

pomona: .79 rating, 1.2m viewers on FOX, up from .4 640k viewers on FS1 in 2016
phoenix: .36 546k viewers on FS1, down from .42 645k on FS1 in 2016
gators: .29 439k viewers on FS1, down from .35 514k on FS1 in 2016
vegas: .61 1m viewers on FS1, down from .8 1.3m on FS1 in 2016
houston: .32 490k viewers on FS1, flat from 2016 (but my earlier post in this thread shows 605k viewers in 2016?)
charlotte: .33 530k viewers on FS1, up from .32 475k in 2016
atlanta: .24 378k viewers on FS1...... (down from 1.37m viewers following nascar in 2016)

when competing on same network and not having aid of nascar, the 4wides are so far the success story in 2017.
Mike you must have a lot of time on your hands! LOL
Sorry I do not like the 4 wide and neither do the drivers! It's a spectacle that the track owner lobbied for so NHRA catered to him since he owns so many tracks!
Those numbers can be fudged as most people know!

ha!, bob you could not be farther from the truth; i have little spare time at all, but occasionally make time for
statistic related stuff; it interests me....you bring up a good point about fudging the numbers; what can you believe
and what can you not believe........was viewership really up 24% last year?.....all i know is i used to watch almost every
single minute of nhra broadcasting; knew when Q shows were on and would stay up late to catch them; used to watch
'nhra today' religiously.......now? i mite have watched 2 races this year and 1 Q show.

last year the 4wides had higher ratings than the charlotte fall race; i would expect the trend to be the same this year.
nhra nat. event shows IMO have lost their luster, as have other motorsports series; even nascar finds itself on FS1 more
often than not, down from the time they were fought over for prime broadcast slots by prime time networks.

it's really nice that vance and hines keep their competition competitive with good suziki motors so the HD tandem doesn't
cake walk at every PSB event, but do you really think anyone is buying susukis because they race in NHRA PSB?.....IMO no.
does the AMA Supercross series sell susukis?....IMO yes....one of very few, if not the only motorsports series on the rise
with increased tv ratings.....and most (i think) are tape delayed broadcasts....how come they work so well in this age
of instant results?.....i think if you study some of NHRA's sunday shows, the delayed broadcasts still rate the same or higher
than their afternoon 'live finals' counterparts.

based on what i've seen on sunday shows (all 2 of them), final round recaps on youtube, and what i read here and
other motorsports websties, the NHRA does seem to pulling very respectable attendance this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back