Atlanta TV Ratings Highest Since at Least 2002 (1 Viewer)

Just imagine how high the ratings would be if the broadcast was just halfway good instead of mostly poor. I watched the fist broadcast and passed on all the rest until the Ga final. It's much better but still far short of acceptable and a long distance behind last year Among many other problems they speak so fast they sound like a rice burner convention. They should slow down and act like they are enjoying what they are doing instead of hurrying to get it over. Probably won't watch again until Indy.

Just imagine how high the ratings would be if the broadcast was just halfway good instead of mostly poor. I watched the fist broadcast and passed on all the rest until the Ga final.

I've watched 3/4 of one single broadcast. That was enough for me. The Reiff/Pedregon combination is unwatchable. The special segments have no meat. I have no problem logging into nhra.com to find the winners (this is just me I know there are people who do enjoy the broadcast...everyone has their preferences!)

I think the broadcasts have a ways to go in quality, but it sure is good to be in a sports bar eating and have a screen or two with drag racing on, and/or being advertised. The marketing between the new TV package, the availability of All Access, and the changes to NHRA.com are all having a big impact. Keep in mind, this is all in an environment where other racing series' are having all the same struggles (car counts, sponsors, etc.), so it's really encouraging. This is the time to put the pedal down, and really work on the product itself. If there was ever a time to reconfigure the pro classes to attract more participation, this would be it.

The one thing I know for sure is that there were a lot of fans at the race last weekend. The place was packed.
My brother and I went last weekend and it was our first NHRA event. I've been to tons of races but never to see the big boys. I've been saying I wanted to go to a T/F race for over 20 years but for one reason or another never made it. Last weekend we made the 4 hour drive and boy was it worth it. It was an absolute unbelievable experience, one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in person. We've already made plans to go back next year and will probably hit Gainesville too. We have 5 or 6 people that want to go next year after hearing us talk about it. I've got the DVR set for this weekend and half my Instagram and Twitter feeds are now NHRA drivers and teams. :)

My brother and I went last weekend and it was our first NHRA event. I've been to tons of races but never to see the big boys. I've been saying I wanted to go to a T/F race for over 20 years but for one reason or another never made it. Last weekend we made the 4 hour drive and boy was it worth it. It was an absolute unbelievable experience, one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in person. We've already made plans to go back next year and will probably hit Gainesville too. We have 5 or 6 people that want to go next year after hearing us talk about it. I've got the DVR set for this weekend and half my Instagram and Twitter feeds are now NHRA drivers and teams. :)

This. This is why I take newbies, they usually have such a good time they want to go back the next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back