Atlanta TV Ratings Highest Since at Least 2002 (1 Viewer)

I wonder how much of that was NASCAR viewers that didn't turn the channel. Either way, nice to see the numbers are way up.

I bet that came at the start time when nascar was on and they are using that number instead of the nhra time it started 45 min late?

On a serious note, if the numbers go up ONLY because NASCAR fans didn't change the channel, that's still a huge win. That's a great strategy to get new fans and viewers. Don't networks strategize with TV show time slots all the time for the very same reason?

Well, NASCAR numbers were probably up because of the number of NHRA fans that DVR'd 45 minutes of that race unintentionally (like me)! :D Regardless if it was NASCAR follow-on viewers watching, we'll take it!

note to fox: keep following nascar and start show with eye catching moments and video surrounding the nhra event.
show the traxxas models....then show them again....aside from the visceral experience that is next to impossible to put
across on television, nhra is sexy and cool, so sell it.
great to see these increased ratings event after event.

If thats the average then ok cool,but come on fs1,nhra,why hurrybthru 1st rd,it was done in 6 min if fuel and 4 in pro stock,espn spent more time.

I happened to stumble over the NASCAR qualifying show on Saturday. Looked like a crappy weather weekend. Maybe folks went to the movies on Sunday?
Whatever, I'm glad to see NHRA trending in the right direction.

Upon seeing the NHRA race the NASCAR viewers thought "what is this? They aren't running into each other....maybe it'll happen if I watch some more...."

The one thing I know for sure is that there were a lot of fans at the race last weekend. The place was packed.

The one thing I know for sure is that there were a lot of fans at the race last weekend. The place was packed.

You've got that right Eugene! I have been going to the Southern Nationals since 1982, and I can say that it has been a long, long time since I have seen the stands that full on a Sunday. Great race and beautiful weather!

I think the new leadership at NHRA deserves huge credit for the dramatic upturn in numbers of both attendees and TV viewers. From what I can tell, that's really the only variable that's changed in the last year to explain the positive news. In fact, there's a good amount of negative news...short fields, disappearing major sponsors, bad press around street racing accidents...that seems not to taken much of a toll. The switch to Fox and the impressive expansion of public outreach efforts is great for the sport...

I'd be interested in the numbers at the beginning, mid and end of show. Not for any negative reason, it's the statistician in me...might help find the the balance between content.

Also, would like to commend NHRA on their focus towards marketing. I think the new NHRA website is meaningful and if I'm a newbie I think it gives the right balance of content to want to learn more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back