Ratings Strong Again Following NASCAR (1 Viewer)

outstanding.....also this from sportsmediawatch.com regarding telecasts following nascar

Tape-delayed NHRA racing from New Hampshire had 600,000 viewers on FS1 Sunday afternoon, down 10% from last year on ESPN2 (670K). Viewership for the race was no doubt hampered by its lead-in, the NASCAR rainout at Pocono. The two previous NHRA races to air after NASCAR each topped the one million mark.

looks like nascar lead-ins are worth about 35%.....i agree paul, interested to see what happens with FOX telecasts.

outstanding.....also this from sportsmediawatch.com regarding telecasts following nascar

Tape-delayed NHRA racing from New Hampshire had 600,000 viewers on FS1 Sunday afternoon, down 10% from last year on ESPN2 (670K). Viewership for the race was no doubt hampered by its lead-in, the NASCAR rainout at Pocono. The two previous NHRA races to air after NASCAR each topped the one million mark.

looks like nascar lead-ins are worth about 35%.....i agree paul, interested to see what happens with FOX telecasts.
The fact it had 600k is really good considering they showed the Atlanta race from a few weeks prior and not the Epping race as it was also impacted by rain.

The actual Epping coverage on Monday had 418,000 viewers, not bad for a Monday mid afternoon when no one is around.

Helps when the 3:00 AM scheduled broadcasts aren't bumped for knitting competition like they were last year.

I've been seeing a LOT of commercials on the Fox networks I watch at the local watering hole. Never saw that on ESPN when it's on here. So at least Fox is taking a more proactive approach.

I've been seeing a LOT of commercials on the Fox networks I watch at the local watering hole. Never saw that on ESPN when it's on here. So at least Fox is taking a more proactive approach.

I see more commercials for the NHRA program on FOX1 in one week than I ever saw on ESPN in darn near the entire time it was on that network.

Here in Vegas, the NHRA has been on multiple Fox channels at the same time. On Monday, they were showing the ETown elimination show on FS1 and the Topeka eliminations show on Fox Sports West. The replay of the ETown race on Tuesday or Wednesday was on Fox Sports West while Pro Mods Atlanta and sportsman Topeka were on FS2. And as I type this right now, I am watching the Epping show again on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. GREAT stuff. LOTS of air time.

One reason I stopped watching NASCAR races on TV was because of all the commercials on the FOX channel.

My friends and I used to bet when we changed the TV channels to other shows and then back to Fox that it would be another commercial instead of the race and it seemed like every single time that is what it was.

I understand the need to make money but when it gets to the point of more commercials then racing it kind of crazy to be sitting there watching that.

On the Jayski's web site he breaks down how many minutes of racing took place and how many minutes of commercials for the entire time the race was on TV.
That's I stopped watching FOX.

It's kind of like buying a car magazine for $5.00 bucks with 100 pages and 75% of it is just advertising!!! I don't really like buying magazines to read advertising!!!

Just my opinion
Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Helps when the 3:00 AM scheduled broadcasts aren't bumped for knitting competition like they were last year.

and those knitting competitions were always so slow

Not to mention when there was a tie (no pun intended) and they had to have a sudden-death knit-off :D

In my opinion FS1's cross-promoting of NHRA with NASCAR is paying off. Question: do I get counted as a viewer when I DVR the race, as I had to do with Epping?

Not to mention when there was a tie (no pun intended) and they had to have a sudden-death knit-off :D

In my opinion FS1's cross-promoting of NHRA with NASCAR is paying off. Question: do I get counted as a viewer when I DVR the race, as I had to do with Epping?

Kinda. Nielsen tracks DVR viewers in 3 categories. Live-plus, live-plus 3 and live-plus 7. Live-plus is you watched the recording the same day it was DVRd and is also factored into the over night ratings, live-plus 3 is you watched it within 3 days and live-plus 7 is you watched within 7 days, the latter 2 are factored into the final ratings for the show that are published the following week. If you wait longer than 7 days to watch, you are not counted. Nielsen also collects data for "season pass", so if you have your DVR setup to record every new instance of a show, that is somehow factored in. Now, you must be a Nielsen participant to be directly counted, otherwise all numbers are extrapolated from Nielsen's data.

Also, all providers (DirecTV, cable, etc) have proprietary numbers available inside the industry that tracks ALL of your viewing habits based on the data coming off of their boxes. This data is often sold to advertisers and networks. This data is more valuable IMO, because it counts EVERY viewer's ratings, even homes with multiple TVs, instead of a small percentage like Nielsen.

Thanks for that Chris! I kind of figured the providers were tracking/selling what people watch. Of course in the ESPN days they had me pegged as a World Series of Tiddlywinks viewer since drag racing never started on time.

At this point in time I am sure the NHRA is tickled pink that their ratings are up!!!!

The motto just might be who cares what causes them to go up as long as they just keeping going up.

Maybe sponsors and more fans will be attracted to the races so whatever it takes to do that works in my book.

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Well, that was the last NASCAR race for FOX Sports this year. Let's see how the numbers hold up. I'm hoping they do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back