Ratings Improvement for NHRA Coverage (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
STRONG DEBUT: from Pomona on FS1 scored 640k viewers, 5% up from 2015's 608k; up 23% among A18-49 (157k vs. 128k)

Not bad at all considering ESPN is in more houses than FS1. Good start and I am sure they can build on this.

Agreed - a couple tweaks here and there and I think they'll be fine.

BTW, I didn't see it mentioned in any other thread (it may have been and I just didn't see it), but I laughed out loud when Bruno did the Harley piece and said something to the effect, "All this plus some nice eye candy" as the camera panned away from the beautiful woman to the motorcycle. My wife even said, "Yeah, he's talking about the bike. Right!" Hilarious!!

Look what happens with a decent timeslot. That's a good start

Decent timeslot, and an on-time start. I don't think all the ad spots during the NASCAR race hurt either.

I'd be curious to see the breakdown. Mainly during the dead time between the semi's and finals, were the able to keep viewers.
I know my TV was on, but I had quit paying attention after so long. I wonder if people hung around the entire time, left and stayed gone or left and came back in the final 15 minutes.
I know they use to have the ratings in 15 min increments, not sure if they still do.

It was nice to see FS1 interview Robert Hight at the Daytona 500 practice today. Nhra is definitely getting more exposure with Fox.

I thought it was great too. Wish there was more out there , what a way to promote NHRA Drag Racing.
I like seeing the kids in the stands one explaining the way car goes through turns to the others, really cool.

I had to jump up 1 tier on Dish network to get FS1. I thought Tony Pedregon was a bit shaky early in the show but seemed more comfortable as the show went on.I still wish they would have went with Mike Dunn, but I guess the had to find a minority guy so they wouldn't be accused of being "too white" in this era of "political correctness"

Wow Chris that seems like a helluva stretch...
I really hope I'm wrong. NHRA Drag Racing has always been a an "equal opportunity" motor sport, more so then Nascar (have they ever had a Woman or an African American as one of their champions?) Drag Racing is a real color blind sport (and gender blind too)

Call me crazy, but Cruz Pedregon preceded Mike Dunn in the booth and didn't do too bad. In fact, I kinda liked him in the role. I don't think it was an attempt to hire a minority as much as it was a good deal for Tony because he didn't have funding to run his Funny Car. I agree 1,000% that political correctness is killing our nation, but I don't see this as a PC move. I could be wrong, of course.

Call me crazy, but Cruz Pedregon preceded Mike Dunn in the booth and didn't do too bad. In fact, I kinda liked him in the role. I don't think it was an attempt to hire a minority as much as it was a good deal for Tony because he didn't have funding to run his Funny Car. I agree 1,000% that political correctness is killing our nation, but I don't see this as a PC move. I could be wrong, of course.

Not PC just DUMB

FS1 did a good job. I'm sure they will get the numbers up so we can see reaction times winner light etc. Need the numbers!

Phoenix had even higher ratings, NHRA VIEWERSHIP on the rise as Sunday Finals on @FS1 scored 645k viewers, up 10% from 2015's 589k; up 8% w/Adults 18-49

Phoenix had even higher ratings, NHRA VIEWERSHIP on the rise as Sunday Finals on @FS1 scored 645k viewers, up 10% from 2015's 589k; up 8% w/Adults 18-49

It's all about a positive time slot without being bumped for underwater chess matches. I hope it continues :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back