Track Auctions (11 Viewers)

To me the biggest hurt is the number of good but small tracks along with Columbus in Ohio these tracks many of us were our first experience in drag racing. And are most likely not to survive this mess
I was 10 when I visited a cousin near 42 and I could hear the cars, bugging Dad to take me over. My first pass on a track was Milan another track on the block.
All due to Bozo and his ego.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: z28
This guy will go down as one of the biggest sh*tbags to be involved in the sport and the damage that has been done will take years to come back from if it ever does for those tracks and racers. There's a large number of people that have now lost their home track due to this and those are the people I feel the worse for.
 
That was one thing I always found especially laughable- the suggestion that Musk was funding IHRA behind the scenes (outside of his other business arrangements with Cuttell) because they were such good buddies or he was a secret drag racing fan or something. Musk has never shown any interest in racing (or any other sport) and I believe has flatly dismissed the idea of Tesla as a company becoming involved in any sort of electric vehicle racing.

As for the IHRA & Cuttell overall, as one of the vocal doubters from very early on, it still sucks to be right about this.
 
The track is still the original; with the Foxes making upgrades to it. They did build a new (& very nice) go cart track, just west of the strip.
This is what I was thinking about but didn't realize it was back in 2016...looks like they totally redid the track entirely.

 
I said from the beginning that he was doing too much too quickly and was going to fail. Many here mocked me for what I said.

I am still trying top decide if what Cuttell did is worse than Even Knoll. On one hand, Knoll used taxpayer money. On the other hand, tracks may disappear because of Cuttell, and IHRA may not survive. I think Cuttell has done more lasting damage to the entire sport.
Amen It's like picking between bad and worse I lean to darryl as he killed any chance of getting a legitimate second series in this life time. I feel for promod and mountain motor drivers they showed they can headline a series
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top