Or “he has dinners with/is friends with Elon, and Elon supports the IHRA” - well I lost count how many times I saw this. Some people will believe anything.
To me the biggest hurt is the number of good but small tracks along with Columbus in Ohio these tracks many of us were our first experience in drag racing. And are most likely not to survive this mess
I was 10 when I visited a cousin near 42 and I could hear the cars, bugging Dad to take me over. My first pass on a track was Milan another track on the block.
All due to Bozo and his ego.
This guy will go down as one of the biggest sh*tbags to be involved in the sport and the damage that has been done will take years to come back from if it ever does for those tracks and racers. There's a large number of people that have now lost their home track due to this and those are the people I feel the worse for.
That was one thing I always found especially laughable- the suggestion that Musk was funding IHRA behind the scenes (outside of his other business arrangements with Cuttell) because they were such good buddies or he was a secret drag racing fan or something. Musk has never shown any interest in racing (or any other sport) and I believe has flatly dismissed the idea of Tesla as a company becoming involved in any sort of electric vehicle racing.
As for the IHRA & Cuttell overall, as one of the vocal doubters from very early on, it still sucks to be right about this.
When Ron Matcham purchased the legendary Dragway 42 nobody was ready for his grand vision of the track. Now, in just a few months the track will be filled with cars and we have all the details on the 2017 plans!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.