I &$*^@#! hate Ebay! (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
If you guys recall I posted a thread a while back on how my Ebay account was Hijacked and used to put a bunch of phony items on.

Well even though those fake auctions were removed, Ebay has decided to suspend the good guy here - me. Yep, I am "no longer a registered user" on Ebay. I even asked them how to a clear my name and get reinstated - they said I need to fax them a copy of my driver's license and bank statement. I did that, I am am still suspended! :mad: So unless a miracle happens, it looks like I can never use Ebay again.

I have a good feeling I know who caused this, but I have no proof so it's useless even doing anything about it.

If you guys recall I posted a thread a while back on how my Ebay account was Hijacked and used to put a bunch of phony items on.

Well even though those fake auctions were removed, Ebay has decided to suspend the good guy here - me. Yep, I am "no longer a registered user" on Ebay. I even asked them how to a clear my name and get reinstated - they said I need to fax them a copy of my driver's license and bank statement. I did that, I am am still suspended! :mad: So unless a miracle happens, it looks like I can never use Ebay again.

I have a good feeling I know who caused this, but I have no proof so it's useless even doing anything about it.

Are you sure you faxed your license and statement to Ebay??? There are so many bogus email addresses and phishing items that look sooo real. Can't you create a new account?
I had my account compromised too but was able to get things straightened out without having to send any information. I just had to verify a few things.

Just another alert to watch out for identity theft and a reminder to never click the link inside an email no matter how "authentic" it looks.

Hope it all works out for ya, Sam.

The email was directly from Ebay, so I know it was real.

And no, you can't create a new account. Doing so will result in a permanent suspension.

The email was directly from Ebay, so I know it was real.

And no, you can't create a new account. Doing so will result in a permanent suspension.

For your sake, I hope so. I just received 2 phishing email from "Ebay" today asking me if the BMW that I listed is still for sale...Uh, bogus email from "Ebay". They wanted you to click on the link and verify some items..BIG RED FLAG! I ignored the email and went in and changed my password, for my piece of mind. I've been dealing with eBay for almost 10 years so I know how "real-looking" the phishers are.

If eBay wants to cancel you for that little incident....trust me, it more than likely ain't eBay.....beware :eek:

Spoof Email Tutorial - Page 1 info from eBay

Last edited:
I had my account hi-jacked a couple years ago and someone put about $250 worth of adds on it. Ebay took care of it and did not suspend me. Maybe things are different now but I would be sure I sent the info to ebay for sure and not someone else.

Absolutely any e-mail message purporting to be from eBay or PayPal should be sent directly to [email protected] or [email protected] to avoid being scammed. If it is indeed from them, they will verify such but everyone I have ever forwarded to them has proven to be some undesirable phishing for identity info.

[email protected]. anytime a questionable email arrives. forward it to them and they'll let youknow if its real or not.

I usually just delete anything from eBay or paypal

Me too, I'd gotten several e-mails over the last couple days from Paypal asking me to verify this transaction. I opened up the first one and it started with "Dear User" so had a feeling it was a scam. Then closed it, deleted all my cookies, signed on to PayPal and there was no such transaction pending.

Me too, I'd gotten several e-mails over the last couple days from Paypal asking me to verify this transaction. I opened up the first one and it started with "Dear User" so had a feeling it was a scam. Then closed it, deleted all my cookies, signed on to PayPal and there was no such transaction pending.
Last time I deleted all my cookies I went hungry for the entire weekend?

Actually, I know it's real because I emailed them right on the site (from their contact info page) on how to be reinstated. They emailed me back stating to send in the info via fax or postal mail.

and your drivers license?? crooks would love to have those things..

I just got on e-bay live help and they said they would request a drivers license but NEVER a bank statement.

If you still have that e-mail Samual, send it to spoof and have them check it out.

OK, I should have clarified something: they needed a driver's license and a copy of a utility bill OR a bank statement. One thing is they needed to have the same address on both documents. Since all the utility bills in our house are in my parent's names, I opted to fax them a copy of my bank statement, and I only faxed them the part with the address on it, nothing with my financial stuff.

OK, I should have clarified something: they needed a driver's license and a copy of a utility bill OR a bank statement. One thing is they needed to have the same address on both documents. Since all the utility bills in our house are in my parent's names, I opted to fax them a copy of my bank statement, and I only faxed them the part with the address on it, nothing with my financial stuff.

I didn't ask the help guy, but what were you getting into that NEEDED that sort of verification? I've been a member for 8-9 years and they've never asked for that sort of stuff.

I emailed them about reinstating my account and in order to even get reconsidered for reinstatement, I needed to send (or fax) them those documents, so I did. They also noted that even by sending them in you may get denied for reinstatement, so I guess I won't be using Ebay any time soon. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back