I love it when hackers ruin your day. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I went to check my email and I got a few questions from Ebay bidders of items I'm selling. So naturally I'm thinking "huh?" as I haven't sold anything there in quite some time. So I go check my account and there's about 15 items listed under my name. :mad: Look's like somebody hijacked my account.

I already sent an email to them about it but still, these idiots have nothing better to do with their time. :rolleyes:

I went to check my email and I got a few questions from Ebay bidders of items I'm selling. So naturally I'm thinking "huh?" as I haven't sold anything there in quite some time. So I go check my account and there's about 15 items listed under my name. :mad: Look's like somebody hijacked my account.

I already sent an email to them about it but still, these idiots have nothing better to do with their time. :rolleyes:

They had to have your password to do it I bet. Check for spyware on your computer and hope that's all they got, was EBAY info.

More likely that you were phished somehow...

Something looking like ebay asked for your user name and password and you gave it without giving a second thought that the site you were on was not actually ebay or an ebay run site it just probably looked like it was. This is a far more common and easier way of gaining your details.

CP

Yeah, sounds like they got you. Better change your password immediatley and report it to Ebay. You might even consider getting a new user name with them - which sucks because you lose all your feedbacks. I'd also change or cut off your PayPal account right away if you have one because that links to your checking account or credit card, too.
Good luck, I hope you don't get trouble.

You have to be so careful now. It's scary.

They got me about 3 weeks ago, and I started getting calls about all the pre-paid phone cards I bought. They hacked both my paypal AND my ebay, (passwords were identical) and they ran up about $1500 worth before I stop payment through my bank and locked down the accts.

:mad:

Go to my ebay, scroll down the left side and look at preferences, look at the one that says third party authorizations, you'll be suprised how many you have on there. they can hack in from any of the sites that are listed in the third party listing. they mostly come from checkouts from an auctions end. If I have to use a checkout form another site I immediately go there and revoke any third party. check it out and see if you got any. also go change your password also!!

More likely that you were phished somehow...

Well I know what phishing emails look like, and I know that spoof likes look like - they have different URL's.

They tried to pull that crap with a fake Bank of America page, didn't fall for it.

They got me about 3 weeks ago, and I started getting calls about all the pre-paid phone cards I bought. They hacked both my paypal AND my ebay, (passwords were identical) and they ran up about $1500 worth before I stop payment through my bank and locked down the accts.

:mad:

Man, that sucks. Hope everything all works out.

Go to my ebay, scroll down the left side and look at preferences, look at the one that says third party authorizations, you'll be suprised how many you have on there. they can hack in from any of the sites that are listed in the third party listing. they mostly come from checkouts from an auctions end. If I have to use a checkout form another site I immediately go there and revoke any third party. check it out and see if you got any. also go change your password also!!

That’s good info Kelly!!

I just check my third party authorizations and found 2 different sites that I’ve never heard of. :eek: Needless to say….. They are gone now!!!

I checked myself and there was none, so that's good.

BTW Ebay sure is fast. In a short while they removed ALL the listings and also MADE me change my password.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back