Tony Shumachers next sponsor......... (2 Viewers)

The interview on WFO Radio was very good, and very positive about the future. If you haven't taken the time to check it out, I recommend it.

Just being conversational, but looking at the DSR TF line up, Matco LOVES Antron and I doubt they would go for displacing him, both MOPAR and Pennzoil have strong ties with Leah, you can't just scrap their add campaign for Tony. So what would you do?

Alan
Alan, did the drivers in this case bring the sponsorship money with them or did DSR hire them as drivers for the sponsor?

Alan, did the drivers in this case bring the sponsorship money with them or did DSR hire them as drivers for the sponsor?

I can't speak for Leah, but if my memory serves me correctly I believe Antron brought the Matco deal over from David Powers racing along with Mark Oswald and Brian Corradi. Or, DSR bought out DPR, I can't remember for sure. I just know Macto was with Antron before DSR.

When Antron took over after Whit was gone, Lee Beard was the crew chief for David Powers. The team was sold to Mike Ashley (enter Brian and Mark), Tim Buckley, then DSR.

Jerry could still be correct, WFO interview sounded like things were still close to done (but of course tenuous), sounded like more than one company involved the way Tony was talking. That said, Tony does seem much less hands on than say Leah with this part of the deal. As always, WFO well worth listening to, as was Brian Lohnes' .... but I didn't like the controls on Stitcher much...

I guess you've never been wrong. Wow I wish I was you. Ever think something may have happened between them and the sponsors? Naw you are too quick to point blame. Enjoy yourself Trump 2020
Not about not being wrong, it’s the I’ve got a secret and can’t share it with you and it obviously ended up wrong. Keep up the good work scooping these stories...

If I remember correctly, Marco was with Dean Skuza in 1999. Shortly after that, they dropped Skuza and moved to DSR and Whit Bazemore. About 04 or 05 they got rid of Bazemore in the fall. Jack Beckman drove the fc the rest of the season. Maybe a little longer. Then Matco switched to the dragster and Antron. Antron was at DSR riding the Army motorcycles along with Angelle before that.

If I remember correctly, Marco was with Dean Skuza in 1999. Shortly after that, they dropped Skuza and moved to DSR and Whit Bazemore. About 04 or 05 they got rid of Bazemore in the fall. Jack Beckman drove the fc the rest of the season. Maybe a little longer. Then Matco switched to the dragster and Antron. Antron was at DSR riding the Army motorcycles along with Angelle before that.
Bazemore was moved out of the seat for Beckman, but they returned to David Powers Racing, with Whit driving in 2007. I don't remember if they still sponsored Beckman and DSR that year. Antron was hired by Powers and moved with the team through different owners, which ended at DSR in 2008 and the rest is history.

You can bash me all you want for not giving you a name. Thats why people trust me. You I doubt it. Ya all need to chill Geeeezzzzzzzzz
Jerry -

I wasn't bashing you in the slightest at all.

Your nickname is Porkchop, others ran with that. Not a bash - a funny

I asked you to out the sources Jonathan threw under the bus. Not a bash - a tug

Gave you enough line to sink yourself or swim away. No bashing - again no bite - nice job

I never asked anything about your source whatsoever.

Please don't ever question my character. The people who know me know I don't leak nothing. Sometimes late at night but that's different, and it's no secret.

Trying to get you to follow your own logic is all, and grow up.

Now, if you 2 want to take it in the girls restroom and size up, my bet looks lopsided on who is the bigger Richard. - Jonathan

Sincerely,
Ray -

Carry on my wayward son's.

Stop with the popcorns I can't digest the stuff and this is a simple management issue. I forgot the question

Awfree quiet in here - good

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back