Tony Shumachers next sponsor......... (1 Viewer)

Yes it sucks but guess what? Its happened before and it will happen again. Its a part of the sport and a part of the times. Look at some of the people its happened to in the past Glidden, Shirley, McEwen, Snake, the Johnsons in PS just to name a few. It unfortanately, isnt that hard to believe if you know whats going on in the world. Its in everything. Yes its a disappointment not to have Tony in a car but it shouldnt be that big of a shock if you look at everything including the past. If "Big names" always had sponsor ships, everyone would have a retirement tour.

the super bowl ads this year cost 5.1 million for a 30 seconds
for a full racing season in top fuel which includes 24 races
plenty of exposure for ur brand and the chance to be the world champ
with a team that is already proven to be a contender and ready to go
imo shouldnt be more then 5.1 million (better ask Shoe about that )
how could that not be a win win for a brand that can afford to advertise
at the super bowl ? one less commercial =one full year to race hard
for the championship with ur name all over everything !! better make some calls lol
Yeah, and not one of those ads will convince me to buy there product!

As mentioned upstream, it's all about ROI and reach. One of the issues here is, let's be honest, the TV product stinks. I think every person here gave NHRA a pass the first year of the in-house production but the show has not improved. Sure there are butts in the seats at the event, but the bigger reach is TV and print.

The other issue, and this is purely my opinion, is that the teams are in competition with the organization itself. If your marketing department is given a budget, looking for the most "mentions" are you going to sponsor a driver/team or are you going to sponsor the organization as an "official product" or even a national event that gets mentioned after every commercial break? It's a no-brainer. Let's look at the 2019 schedule and here are all of the sponsors that sponsor an event (or "present" an event) but are not a full-time major sponsor of a pro team:

Protecttheharvest.com
Denso Spark Plugs
NGK Spark Plugs
Arby's
Menards
Pennzoil
AAA Insurance (this is different from AAA of southern California - JFR)

NHRA "Official Product" sponsors:

Ellis Events
Honda
Larsens, Inc.
Lucas Oil
Main Gate
Pegasus Trailers
PowerAde
Sioux City Truck and Trailer
Sunoco
Toyota
Advertising Edge
Allegiant
Amkus
Blue Def
bluemedia
Buffalo Turbine
Dasani

Now, I'm not trying to call out or sound anti NHRA - I realize they need to stay in business as well. I'm simply pointing out that there is competition out there from within the "community" where companies need to determine their best bang for the buck. When faced with constant exposure in the form of commercial lead-ins, or branded NHRA assets or the "hope" that the team you sponsors gets some TV time, the answer is clear. I thought at one time NHRA's position was that companies had to be a primary sponsor of a team to also sponsor events, but that could have just been an unwritten rule or straight up internet fodder.

Feel free to keep me honest, again not meant to come across as bashing, just my personal observation on the competition that exists for the almighty dollar.

Tony will be OK. Hopefully they can put something together and get back out there soon. He can afford to sit out the first few and still make the Countdown in my opinion.

Tony will be OK. Hopefully they can put something together and get back out there soon. He can afford to sit out the first few and still make the Countdown in my opinion.

I agree Paul! Given the current structure, missing a few races definitely wouldn't kill his chances of another championship.

They have known for at least a year to start looking, maybe have Dunns boy help them, hes been very good at finding sponsors for Big Jim. These days you need multi sponsors to make up for one.

Erica won the championship a few years ago and sat out a the western swing I believe. So he can miss a couple races and still be OK. they just have to hit the ground (or track ) running.

I believe this sport especially PRO has consumded it's self. Raising cost to the point not even large corps want to get involved.
To be competitive you need all inhouse Chassis, Engine and machine shops, and a payroll large enough to pay the employees thus requiring a multi-million dollar sponsorship.

I believe this sport especially PRO has consumded it's self. Raising cost to the point not even large corps want to get involved.
To be competitive you need all inhouse Chassis, Engine and machine shops, and a payroll large enough to pay the employees thus requiring a multi-million dollar sponsorship.

Not necessarily true. last years TF champ doesn't have an in-house Chassis builder, Engine or Machine Shop. MLR chassis and AJR engines.

Not necessarily true. last years TF champ doesn't have an in-house Chassis builder, Engine or Machine Shop. MLR chassis and AJR engines.
Yup. Same with Millican's team. He was in the hunt to the end, set the national record, and had collected Low ET slips from across the country. Looking back, 5 of the top 10 last year were that way.

I know this is a business and I get why it was done. But this just rings in my head:
Family first. Everything else is second
Tony should have a ride before anyone else in the DSR program. JMO

I know this is a business and I get why it was done. But this just rings in my head: Tony should have a ride before anyone else in the DSR program. JMO

Just being conversational, but looking at the DSR TF line up, Matco LOVES Antron and I doubt they would go for displacing him, both MOPAR and Pennzoil have strong ties with Leah, you can't just scrap their add campaign for Tony. So what would you do?

Alan

We now have a cat litter company and have had weird sponsorships in the past...how about DSR talking to.....

Wal Mart
Microsoft
Apple
Amazon

get some of that money involved in racing ;)

BTW thanks for starting a thread about “inside information” that can’t be shared, which is then followed up with pages of this guy actually has no sponsor period...:eek:
I guess you've never been wrong. Wow I wish I was you. Ever think something may have happened between them and the sponsors? Naw you are too quick to point blame. Enjoy yourself Trump 2020

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back