This should be the beginning of the end of Street Outlaws (1 Viewer)

NHRA had no choice but to distance themselves. It was only a matter of time before one of the instances we 're thrown back on the show. The fact that someone who was on the show could be the beginning of the end

It's going to be interesting to see how Discovery will try and distance themselves from this. I can see the sharks for the deceased's families rubbing their hands and pricing a new boat already.

the plug got pulled pretty fast on "Sons Of Guns" when the owner was arrested for alleged child abuse/molestation.....

It's going to be interesting to see how Discovery will try and distance themselves from this. I can see the sharks for the deceased's families rubbing their hands and pricing a new boat already.

I agree.....it should be interesting to see what Discovery does!!! All it takes is one big lawsuit (probably two in this case) to wipe out all of the profits from that show (and a lot more)!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if someone tries to sue Discovery or the Street Outlaws property but it's difficult to see how someone could present a winning case. Sure, the guy appeared on one show on a closed, permitted road, driving a completely different vehicle but unless there's something specifically to connect his car or actions to the aforementioned parties to the point that culpability is shown I'm not seeing it. Seems like more than just a small stretch to make. In the Critchley case his car was covered with NHRA related items. Apparently this fellow had been known for street racing in So Cal long before Street Outlaws show was even a thought.

Whenever anyone is hurt or killed in a drag racing incident everyone who has a decal on the car will find themselves being sued. This is part of the reason the NHRA requires vendors or anyone making products for the NHRA to carry a million dollar liability policy just for this reason.

Lawyers like to sue everyone and then hope many will want to settle before going to court. This is a very common practice and happens all the time.

Jimbo
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

In this particular incident, there were no NHRA stickers or competition numbers on the cars, so they should be in the clear from the lawsuits surely to come. I am sure Discovery is lawyered up to the gills, and like Mr. Burgess said, it will be tough to prove any culpability in this incident. Probably won't stop the lawyers from trying though.

Why would NHRA care what someone else does? They can't clean up their own act. Gene Snow shows what NHRA stands for.

Whenever anyone is hurt or killed in a drag racing incident everyone who has a decal on the car will find themselves being sued.

I clearly remember the Herm Peterson crash/fire where most every part manufacturer was named in the suit whether it was at fault or not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back