This should be the beginning of the end of Street Outlaws (4 Viewers)

Well I took an hour of my time watched this show on Velocity channel, don't know what episode it was doesn't really matter. A lot of people call this real street racing, well in the hay days of street racing, 60s 70s I never saw one car get trailered to a race. Seventy five % of these cars are full blown race cars that should be racing on a drag strip. As far as entertainment I don't get it, I like the cars, the personalities but watching these cars leave on the blink of flashlight, throwing sparks off there wheels from hitting the curbs just isn't entertaining. There is a lot the writers could do with building personality of these groups during each week before meeting at the drag strip for a safe race and actually film a good race and build on on the story between the rounds and the next race. I see a lot of potential if it was real.

That's similar to what I posted Jesse, and someone mentioned that was the Pinks premise. But not really, this show is built around actual characters with developing stories that people could follow each week. And what I said was this: the "race nights" are obviously not held on public streets, are a dozen guys with trucks and trailers really that good at dodging the cops every week? So let's get rid of the small percentage of footage where someone does a "test hit" before the police show up and have the list night be at a track.

Right on, and think of the positives it would bring to the sport of drag racing. Everyone of the players on this show want to race and where better than on the drag strip. I can just imagine the battles between different regions and amount of money generated from sponsors, that would be something they wouldn't mind being involved in. It also would be a positive in detering people from street racing.
HOW ABOUT IT DISCOVERY CHANNEL , NHRA, IHRA

Right on, and think of the positives it would bring to the sport of drag racing. Everyone of the players on this show want to race and where better than on the drag strip. I can just imagine the battles between different regions and amount of money generated from sponsors, that would be something they wouldn't mind being involved in. It also would be a positive in detering people from street racing.
HOW ABOUT IT DISCOVERY CHANNEL , NHRA, IHRA

GREAT idea Jesse, but I'm afraid it's falling on deaf ears..........

Tonights Street Owtlaws had a Gieco insurance commercial featuring the Gieco Top Fueler. So when does Gieco get their letter?

Well at least he wasn't faking a street race.

Well they are technically racing on a street not a track under the controlled conditions with Medical , Fire , Police , Lights the works .
So the premise of racing on a street still applies .
Then at the beginning the disclaimer Big Chief says do not try this yourself just because us dumbasses do it
Mike and Ken Herring starting " HOG " House Of Grudge racing though I don't know if it will ever be televised .
" HOG " with lots of Smack Talking and Locked In Racing for cash is very popular and of course is held at Race Tracks .
I see purses are steadily rising with Small Tire getting $ 9,000 Big Tire $7,000 . Add side money and that's serious money for these cars .

Well they are technically racing on a street not a track under the controlled conditions with Medical , Fire , Police , Lights the works .
So the premise of racing on a street still applies .
Then at the beginning the disclaimer Big Chief says do not try this yourself just because us dumbasses do it
Mike and Ken Herring starting " HOG " House Of Grudge racing though I don't know if it will ever be televised .
" HOG " with lots of Smack Talking and Locked In Racing for cash is very popular and of course is held at Race Tracks .
I see purses are steadily rising with Small Tire getting $ 9,000 Big Tire $7,000 . Add side money and that's serious money for these cars .
Maybe I missed something but the races on SO, while on a street (permitted) actually do have Fire, Security, and Medical personnel present. They may have law enforcement there as well, I don't know the answer to that but I can find out. This does not mean I condone street racing, I certainly do not, but it seems as perhaps you weren't aware of what they were actually doing. Clearly the editing team doesn't show all that.

This a Reality Show not much different then Moonshiner or Monster Quest all Fake. If I get caught making moonshine or get Killed by a Monster is it those shows Fault Nope mine because I was were I should not have been, or did something I should not have done. People have been racing on the street every since the beginning of time, Heck even the Amish do it with there horse and buggy's http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/amish-youth-charged-with-_n_1339865.html

I suspect before this"Hog" deal gets off the ground Harley Davidson will have something to say about it, Many years ago Harley applied for and was awarded the rights to the word "Hog" for Harley Owners Group. I know harley protects it's patents, Trademarks, And anything else the Motor Co. says they own.

No animal or child should be anywhere near something as loud as the Farmtruck without hearing protection....I thought that when I first saw them in Hot Rod magazine, before all of this TV nonsense

Show shouldn't end...that's crazy talk. But it could look more like this...seriously, click the link...

that was certainly exciting but to me that's not drag racing....Nova should have got out of it after going airborne the second time at half track, and the other side crosses the centerline RIGHT in front of him.....because Nova hadn't lifted he almost ran into the Goat. If that was an exhibition lap the NHRA wouldn't invite them back
Also I wouldn't put over $100G's of my money on an unprepped track no way no how. If people hate oildown time how about racing like this when every other pair is going to skitter into the wall and wreck?

but hey, then again, the Safety crews need practice, so WTH.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back