The Winternationals, the Daytona 500, and Tony Stewart (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
Don't recall seeing anything about this posted yet, but assume Tony Stewart will be at the higher-profile Daytona 500 this coming weekend, and not with the new wife and the new team at Pomona this weekend? How's that for having to make a choice? Leah: "No, honey. I understand. You can't be here for our first race together. It's OK. Really it is". : )

If you actually did any research, you would know that Tony is part of the broadcast team for the Daytona 500. It's not a secret.

And if you had any understanding of how the business works, you would understand that Tony has HUGE commitments to NASCAR and Stewart/Haas Racing. Daytona is the biggest race on the NASCAR calendar. Pomona is not the biggest race on the NHRA calendar. If you were him where would you be?

Tony owns race teams, a race track, a couple of race series, and also races himself. Do you think this is a new challenge for him? That he has never had to juggle priorities?

And P.S. Tony also owns a jet. He can be where he wants to be and get where he needs to be as quickly as possible.

Alan

If you actually did any research, you would know that Tony is part of the broadcast team for the Daytona 500. It's not a secret.

And if you had any understanding of how the business works, you would understand that Tony has HUGE commitments to NASCAR and Stewart/Haas Racing. Daytona is the biggest race on the NASCAR calendar. Pomona is not the biggest race on the NHRA calendar. If you were him where would you be?

Tony owns race teams, a race track, a couple of race series, and also races himself. Do you think this is a new challenge for him? That he has never had to juggle priorities?

And P.S. Tony also owns a jet. He can be where he wants to be and get where he needs to be as quickly as possible.

Alan

Hi Alan:

Thank's for your reply. I was just having a little fun on Valentine's Day evening, so I didn't mean my question to be taken too seriously. Yes, I follow NHRA, NASCAR, and Indy car pretty closely, so I get it that Tony's priority would certainly be at Daytona, and not with us out at Pomona. And I'm sure Leah is very OK with that too. Like I said, just having a little fun.

Looking forward to hearing your always great commentary this weekend at the drags!

Jon,

I didn't mean that to sound so serious, just making the point that there are a lot of jugglers out here. For instance, Doug Kalitta didn't arrive in Phoenix until Friday, so Langdon was driving his car on Thursday. Until they figure out cloning, decisions will have to be made! LoL

Alan

Alan
So when is Marcus coming to the races???

For what its worth , Tony was said to b in the booth on Sunday at Daytona so that means he will probably b at Pomona
for all of qualifying then fly to Daytona sat nite. that's what I would do if I was me...but when he is not at the races with
his team and Wife, does that make Leah the BOSS ? anyway GOOD LUCK to all the teams at NHRA 2022 !! :cool: 🏁🏁

Don't recall seeing anything about this posted yet, but assume Tony Stewart will be at the higher-profile Daytona 500 this coming weekend, and not with the new wife and the new team at Pomona this weekend? How's that for having to make a choice? Leah: "No, honey. I understand. You can't be here for our first race together. It's OK. Really it is". : )
It would probably be more like "you're going where?" 😡

Attachments

• 207A66A4-5122-4FFB-8F34-F495A285930C.jpeg
    207A66A4-5122-4FFB-8F34-F495A285930C.jpeg
    635.1 KB · Views: 32

Alan

yes BUT now he has a wife, Happy Wife Happy Life

read somewhere the 500 is sold out. forecast for race is great too. have a feeling the gators mite be standing room only too. i hope.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back