Tony Stewart tractor commercial (2 Viewers)

4onthefl4

Staff member
Nitro Member
Yesterday I had the Daytona 500 race running in the background while I was doing some computer work and happen to hear Tony Stewart doing a Mahindra tractor commercial. I have never heard of this brand of tractor and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this brand. Secondly, I immediately thought with Tony being who he is, maybe he could influence this tractor brand to help in some form to sponsor his NHRA team.

Mahindra tractors say they are the world’s #1 selling farm tractor.
I see them all over the place where I live.

Yesterday I had the Daytona 500 race running in the background while I was doing some computer work and happen to hear Tony Stewart doing a Mahindra tractor commercial. I have never heard of this brand of tractor and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this brand. Secondly, I immediately thought with Tony being who he is, maybe he could influence this tractor brand to help in some form to sponsor his NHRA team.

Mahindra tractors say they are the world’s #1 selling farm tractor.
I see them all over the place where I live.
Lived in the south (farming country) all my life, traveled all over the U.S. and I have never seen or heard of this brand until yesterday. That's strange.

Lived in the south (farming country) all my life, traveled all over the U.S. and I have never seen or heard of this brand until yesterday. That's strange.
As strange as it seems I remember seeing a few Mahindra commercials before and they were during racing events as I recall. They have headquarters in Detroit - California and somewhere else in the U.S.. They are somewhat popular and have a dealership here in Kern County (Bakersfield area) but after oil - Ag is our lifeblood as is the whole San Joaquin Valley. Some people swear by them. The only thing about Tony on a tractor is his life long Hero is A.J. Foyt and he tipped over his Bulldozer once and almost killed himself. Hopfully Tony will skip that part and not try to emulate him.:D

Mahindra is becoming a popular brand here in the USA. The company is headquartered in India. I knew a guy who purchased a brand new Mahindra tractor and had absolutely terrible luck with it. Even when it was "under warranty" nothing was actually covered by the warranty. That's all I will say. I'm glad they are spending money in the USA on motorsport sponsorships.

Lots of Mahindras around here. They compete with Kubota and other smaller tractors. I did catch a segment TS did on the broadcast pitching his NHRA involvement. Can't hurt for Nascar fans to hear that

Mahindra is in the utility tractor business and don't make anything over 120hp. So they are not really "farm" tractors. Yes, they are used on farms, but they're not going to pull a large tillage tool or planter. They satisfy the market for those that don't want the expense of buying a small Deere or other more name brand tractor. I've heard they are good tractors, but generally farmers are more interested in the dealer network that can support the machine when failure occurs.

Mahindra is in the utility tractor business and don't make anything over 120hp. So they are not really "farm" tractors. Yes, they are used on farms, but they're not going to pull a large tillage tool or planter. They satisfy the market for those that don't want the expense of buying a small Deere or other more name brand tractor. I've heard they are good tractors, but generally farmers are more interested in the dealer network that can support the machine when failure occurs.
The most important aspect of any tool a professional buys to use in his business (especially a complex tool) is after the sale support.

i think the mahindra sponsored nascar entry finished 3rd or 4th? it was in that final group sashaying thru the tri-oval

I'm pretty sure that all the so-called COMPACT tractors in the USA are all Japanese or other country.
the John Deere 2032R that we had was made in Japan. I've had Kubota for 30 yrs except for the one JD and that was a mistake.

I'm pretty sure that all the so-called COMPACT tractors in the USA are all Japanese or other country.
the John Deere 2032R that we had was made in Japan. I've had Kubota for 30 yrs except for the one JD and that was a mistake.

Yep, the small John Deere's under 50-60hp are Yanmar tractors that are painted green with some look like JD sheet metal.

Mahindra is/was also the company that, was licensed to build Jeeps under their name brand, called the MUV or something. Let me look it up real quick.

Edit: I was incorrect. It's called the Roxor(Thar in India). It started with a license agreement with Willys in the 1940s and continued with Chrysler and FCA after that.

Pics of the Roxor and Thar below. The Thar is based on a newer model CJ, I'd say. Or probably just an updated front end?

Thar
Screenshot_20220225-075753_Chrome.jpg

Roxor
Screenshot_20220225-075154_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220225-075556_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Mahindra is/was also the company that, was licensed to build Jeeps under their name brand, called the MUV or something. Let me look it up real quick.

Edit: I was incorrect. It's called the Roxor(Thar in India). It started with a license agreement with Willys in the 1940s and continued with Chrysler and FCA after that.

Pics of the Roxor and Thar below. The Thar is based on a newer model CJ, I'd say. Or probably just an updated front end?

Thar
View attachment 10056

Roxor
View attachment 10054
View attachment 10055
not street legal in USA. They lack some safety stuff but would be fun on the trail

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back