Tony Stewart is coming to my town today (1 Viewer)

Kris

Nitro Member
So, Tony Stewart is making an appearance at the new Home Depot in Covington and you better believe I'm going to be there to interview people. :D

I spoke to the store manager yesterday and he said he's gotten calls from people coming up from Oregon (this is like a four hour drive) to see Stewart.

It's going to be fun, I think, since I haven't had as much exposure to NASCAR as I have to NHRA and have not had a chance to meet a circle track driver. I'm very interested to watch Stewart interact with the fans and find out where people came from to get his autograph.

Stewart will be signing one item per person for two hours or until he's signed for 700 people, whichever comes first, and they're asking people to show up three hours before the event (though the store manager expected people to start camping out last night) for wristbands which guarantee entry.

Anyone ever been to one of these? Give me some ideas what to expect if you can.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. :D

You'll be in for a treat...nothing like getting autographs from NHRA drivers.
Depending on the day, you don't know what you're getting with Tony. I've seen him in very good moods and joking with everyone and I've seen him just the opposite.
Have fun :D

Heh, Cheryl, I've heard that about Tony. It definitely was different than NHRA drivers. I don't think I've ever seen 500 people line up all day to get an NHRA driver's autograph.

But I must say having spent 2 1/2 hours watching him interact with the fans and the store associates, I was really impressed, it certainly changed the perception I had developed.

And I must say it was also one of the best celebrity interviews I've had the opportunity to do.

Seems Tony was in a good mood today. His PR rep had to drag him out of there. He was a real social butterfly.

DSCN1178.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back