Daytona 500 Vs Winternationals (1 Viewer)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
I just noticed the first "Raceday" of 2010 at the Winternationals is the same day as the Daytona 500. I think this is the first time the Winternationals ran side by side w/Daytona albeit one is in cali the other's in florida.

I'd rather hear Bob Frey over Darrell waltrip's "Boogity boogity boogity" anyday.

Just want to point that out....

I'm a big fan of Bob Frey, too - I have a T shirt he autographed 6 years ago and have it "packaged" to preserve the signature.
That said, D.W. and Michael are two of the funniest guys in all of sports.
What I don't get is:"Why do the NASCAR guys do the burnout at the end?" Do you think we should let them in on the secret?
Cheers,
Ed
Rocky Mountain Superchargers
P.S Happy New Year! Only 286 shopping days until Christmas.

I say screw NASCRAP! Bunch of idiots driving in a circle for three hours trying to find the finish line. We get there in 3.5 seconds. I hate that circle crap!!!! I need Nitro, header fire, Goodyear fallout!!!! The winter makes me crazy!

I say screw NASCRAP! Bunch of idiots driving in a circle for three hours trying to find the finish line. We get there in 3.5 seconds. I hate that circle crap!!!! I need Nitro, header fire, Goodyear fallout!!!! The winter makes me crazy!

100% agree, that and DW's "Boogity Boogity Boogity" makes it even worse...

Wow....post of the year so far!!!

Yeah-what he said!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

And they make jokes about NASCAR fans.
Go figure.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll never understand why some have such a disdain for other forms of racing. I can understand that one may not like another form of racing, but the negativity towards another from of racing I'll never understand.

Drag racing has always been my first love, but if I wasn't involved in drag racing, then it would be some type of sprint car or indy car.

Yesterday I was watching World Rally and this morning I was watching vintage racing from Laguna Seca.

I've been a big Formula 1 fan since I was about 10 years old.

I usually make it down to Indianapolis for one of the qualification days for the Indy 500.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll never understand why some have such a disdain for other forms of racing. I can understand that one may not like another form of racing, but the negativity towards another from of racing I'll never understand.

Drag racing has always been my first love, but if I wasn't involved in drag racing, then it would be some type of sprint car or indy car.

Yesterday I was watching World Rally and this morning I was watching vintage racing from Laguna Seca.

I've been a big Formula 1 fan since I was about 10 years old.

I usually make it down to Indianapolis for one of the qualification days for the Indy 500.

I agree...I'm as Big a fan of Drag racing as anybody! But does NASCAR, Dirt-Track, Indy car racing have to be Bad for NHRA to be Good???:rolleyes:

I agree, I love all types of racing. Drag racing will always be #1 in my heart, but there are a lot of other exciting venues out there besides our sport.

WoO racing from Knoxville is an awesome event to watch, and I've spent many a Saturday evening at our local dirt track, watching my buddiy mix it up in his modified car.

I don't watch many NASCAR races, but I will watch the Daytona 500. It gets boring at times, but all in all, it's an interesting show. Some of the in car shots are pretty amazing.

It's all racing, and in my mind, it's all good.

The nice thing is that the Daytona race will be on TV during the afternoon of February 14. The network witll show it just as it's scheduled, and I'm guessing the TV programming will start right on time. If our buddies at ESPN2 hold true to form, we'll be watching the Winternationals with a slight delay, maybe some time around 2am, right after the live broadcast of the World Championship "Ya gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em" Poker tournament from Goober Corners, Tennessee, and the Women's International Slo Pitch Softball tournament from Fork City, Iowa, so I'll be able to record drag racing and watch it sometime the next day as usual. Of course, I'll have to set up my DVR to record for a six hour window, because we never really know when the drag racing show is going to begin. The only drawback is that I'll have to stay away from Nitromater for a couple of days so that I don't know ahead of time who won.

Anyway, February the 14th should be a great racing day.

It's all about passion for the sport. My comment comes from being at the drags since I was 2, so 26 years total. Drag Racing like many other "maters" is my first love. The only reason we arent as big as the other series is our higher ups in Glendora. Poor marketing and sponsor decisions by the big wigs has led to the demise of our sport. Imagine if we had the sponsors that Nascrap has. Of course the national spot light would be different. They have just about every major brand on that circuit as well as every major retailer. I just love drag racing and all that comes with it. The access to our "stars". The up close and personal feeling you get at the track. The interaction. The sensory overload. If you've been then you know what I'm talking about, if not your missing out. CH3NO2 for life!!!

OK then, sounds like an opportunity for Bruton to do something for the fans...... get Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr at the ZMax race to line up against Cory Mac or Ron Capps... they'd have to work out the logistics of getting the drag car started & burnout..... pro tree.... and let the fans decide which one they like best. Then, do the exact same thing at the Charlotte motor Speedway. Let a nitro car do a burnout on the front stretch...... then let the stock car do his little circle thingy with the rear wheels spinning...... and let the fans decide.......

From a TV standpoint, this is Bad for NHRA! Going up against the Daytona 500 is a poor scheduling decision on NHRA's part.

I respectfully disagree with most here, I love drag racing but it cannot even come within miles of NASCAR.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back