THE RUN OF THE YEAR! (1 Viewer)

I believe he ran 258 on one pass as well. Insane!!!

That he did. His runs in order for the weekend went as follows - 5.728 @ 248.98, 5.677 @ 250.74, 5.726 @ 258.27, blew the tyres off it on a first round solo, 5.746 @245.14 and in the final went 5.611 @ 249.49

No 5 point harness, no Hans, no roll cage, no remote shutoff. I am totally in awe of this man's courage. The only other guy who comes close is Captain Jack.

Wait a minute ... you just posted a couple of weeks ago about a doorslammer in the 5.40s as the "run of the year". How many runs of the year can there be???

LOL

That post you speak of said "one of the runs of the year"

This one right here is THE run of the year but I am biased as I am a fuel bike guy, and have a new toy (fuel bike) to work on come Xmas. ;)

That he did. His runs in order for the weekend went as follows - 5.728 @ 248.98, 5.677 @ 250.74, 5.726 @ 258.27, blew the tyres off it on a first round solo, 5.746 @245.14 and in the final went 5.611 @ 249.49

I’m curious how different his tune up now is different from What Elmer ran? Now granted Elmer never saw fives...

I’m curious how different his tune up now is different from What Elmer ran? Now granted Elmer never saw fives...

A lot has changed on the bikes since. A lot has changed since Larry ran his first 5, so it is hard to say. Elmer would have been in the 5’s had the rain not halted the Prostar race at Indy. That 6.06 he ran is still a jaw dropper. That day he said the bike just wanted more fuel, so he kept putting more fuel through the motor and it kept going quicker.

A lot has changed on the bikes since. A lot has changed since Larry ran his first 5, so it is hard to say. Elmer would have been in the 5’s had the rain not halted the Prostar race at Indy. That 6.06 he ran is still a jaw dropper. That day he said the bike just wanted more fuel, so he kept putting more fuel through the motor and it kept going quicker.

Well I remember Larry telling me around 98-99? That he redesigned his Cylinder head to accommodate more fuel!

Speaks for itself...

DPEc9kxU8AAGpAT.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back