The life and cost of parts (1 Viewer)

R.I.P. O.C.I.R.

Nitro Member
the block of aluminum at DSR was interesting. i wonder what that costs? the shavings off that must be incredible in a pile. so what becomes of these engine blocks when they are done using them? do they have a max. run limit on them? or just till worn out? and then what? are they sold to make lower horsepower engines or since custom made by a team melted down?? i seen a boss 500 block at seattle. there was very little blue left on it and the bottom half looked like it had gone thru the welder / machine shop so many times it would be crazy to continue use of it as a fuel engine. being a boss 500, it must have had freeway miles on it. what becomes of these billet blocks when deemed dead for fuel use?? and the heads?

I have seen them sold. Lower HP applications some low budget teams. some were in what appeared to be very bad condition but still serviceable.

Or, you can make an end table with them.
19C91BEC-622A-4839-AA01-697BEBB7D94D.jpeg

A high school friend of mine is partners on the Holy Toledo jeep nostalgia funny car. They had blown the motor a few years ago at the March Meet, and said the block was no longer usable for fuel, but could be used for a blown alcohol car.

Ray,
That engine ran 5.72 at Tulsa on the run when it blew up at 1000 feet. Never did figure out why.
The blower was in the same car but on a different engine. The two-speed didn't shift, the RPMs skyrocketed, #2 intake hit the piston and BOOM!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back