Pro Stock Question ? (1 Viewer)

I'd like to see PS go to roughly PST displacement (350-ish), allow EFI, and be considerably more strict as to body dimensions. You could have actual over-the-counter blocks and heads being used in everything from small-block pushrod and / or modular Ford, Chrysler Hemi, and GM LS1 motors in cars that actually resemble what you see on the street. Heck I wouldn't mind limiting the chassis to back-half cars only, in fact I think that would be awesome!
I love big motors (especially IHRA PS) but I think this is a way cool idea.

I would contend that the cat was truly let out of the bag when NHRA allowed the first fully tubed chassis car that did not start with an original "body in white".

Sorry for the delay but I have been fighting the blank page issue for the last couple of days. I finally got the thread to load.

That's a very good point and I agree totally. I've racked my brain but can't remember when the full tube chassis started being raced. Does anyone remember who and when?

It was Jenkins' 1972 Vega that started the tube frame pro stocker.

What I'd like to see is the current bodies die and go away.Use the new Challenger,Camaro,and Mustang,make them use OEM bodies('glass front ends and doors OK) and make them use the FRONT TIRE to break the finish line/mph beams,(eliminates the equal front end overhang rule) keep the 500 cid engine,no electronics of any kind.

It was Jenkins' 1972 Vega that started the tube frame pro stocker.

What I'd like to see is the current bodies die and go away.Use the new Challenger,Camaro,and Mustang,make them use OEM bodies('glass front ends and doors OK) and make them use the FRONT TIRE to break the finish line/mph beams,(eliminates the equal front end overhang rule) keep the 500 cid engine,no electronics of any kind.

Sounds good to me...along with that lets get nitro F/C bodies into a shape that at least resembles a real car body...we don't need 330 mph speeds...who cares if the aerodynamics slow them down.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back