More on the Changes for Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

The nameless driver told me he believes NHRA should address the issue of the 105" wheelbase rule on P/S cars and said it has been mentioned to them. I looked up a bone stock 2015 Camaro sold at the local Chevy dealer and off the showroom floor and they are 110.7" He said the issue of safety (or lack of it) by requiring a pro stock car, that is supposed to resemble the actual car, being forced to run a short wheelbase when handling is already an issue especially toward the finish line is pretty crazy. We guessed NHRA has the short wheelbase rule in place as one of those rules left over from the days when Chevy Vegas and Ford Pintos were raced.

I think the 105" wheelbase is from the mid 2000's. I remember WJ getting into a bit of hot water when he went and measured Larry Morgan's new Dodge Stratus at a test; maybe Phoenix? Either way Morgan's Stratus was built to the same spec as WJ's and others' Pontiac Grand Am's. The Stratus production car was larger compared to the Grand Am production car. From that point forward every Pro Stock car was built on a 105" wheelbase. Just for kicks; the Pinto has a wheelbase of 94" and the Vega is 97"

Best of luck with your new purchase, and keep her shiny side up as they say!

Also, prayers to you and your family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back