The girls ? (2 Viewers)

The pretty boys or girls have a leg up in any sport... in business... in life. Good looking people get more press. They get the second job interview. Get out of traffic tickets.

Yes, if you're stunningly more talented than the rest, it doesn't matter how you look (within reason). But looks matter. Sorry.

Enough money will make up for talent. It's been proven time and time again.

When the car gets out of the groove and you have to reel it in and/or pedal it to get the win, it doesn't matter how much money is there as long as your car is set up. You have to be able to drive. When your car is underpowered and you have to cut a light to get the holeshot win, it doesn't matter how much money you have. The car doesn't drive itself.

How long will it be before Leah Pruett-Leduc is in a pro funny car? She has everything it takes and just won the Nostalgia championship. She can drive and is very attractive.

There is a difference between (natural) talent and experience. On the other hand, money can afford you to get others with talent/experience to surround you with and make up for lack of their own experience. It affords them to rent track time, buy the best equipment, the latest technology, etc.

Whether it's talent or experience, some drivers can tell you what happens in a car just by the feel of it Others can't tell you anything about what happen. Thats why there is data aquisition units.

Leah is the complete package as well as Mendy Fry, but don't expect them to get a ride unless they do it themselves or they bring money to the table.

Great post Mr.Asher. The pay-to-drive deal has been around forever, but it's much more common now. But as you stated, it makes financial sense for many. Depending on the class, I think in many ways it would be easier to make a deal with a team that has the infrastructure in place than to go buy all the equipment, hire a crew, etc. and still have to have the money to burn up at each event.

How long will it be before Leah Pruett-Leduc is in a pro funny car? She has everything it takes and just won the Nostalgia championship. She can drive and is very attractive.

DSR needs to give her a call. She can drive and is very easy on the eyes. Getting a sponsor for her would be easier then anything.

I'll open the whole can when it's time.

She sure was driving the wheels off of Plueger's car at the CHRR, but Mike Boyd gets the Bob Bondurant School of Driving award

I'll open the whole can when it's time.

She sure was driving the wheels off of Plueger's car at the CHRR, but Mike Boyd gets the Bob Bondurant School of Driving award

Can't wait to hear about it.

Ashley, Courtney, Leah and maybe Alexis. Funny Car is getting a lot prettier.

Ashley, Courtney, Leah and maybe Alexis. Funny Car is getting a lot prettier.

About 5 years ago, I took my then 12 year old son to the races, and due to a connection with Austin Coil, we met Tony Pedregon (then working for John). He let us back into his pit and gave us a tour around. Up in the lounge of the trailer as he was signing some stuff for my son, he asked Tony, "so why do you race funny car vs. top fuel?" Tony quickly replied: "because top fuel is so easy even girls can do it." My son never forgot that, and a few years later when Ashley was driving funny car, we went by his pit, and my son mentioned the comment to Tony. Tony didn't even acknowledge the question, just went on signing autographs. :)

About 5 years ago, I took my then 12 year old son to the races, and due to a connection with Austin Coil, we met Tony Pedregon (then working for John). He let us back into his pit and gave us a tour around. Up in the lounge of the trailer as he was signing some stuff for my son, he asked Tony, "so why do you race funny car vs. top fuel?" Tony quickly replied: "because top fuel is so easy even girls can do it." My son never forgot that, and a few years later when Ashley was driving funny car, we went by his pit, and my son mentioned the comment to Tony. Tony didn't even acknowledge the question, just went on signing autographs. :)

Nice. Your son delivered some ownage there. :D

DSR needs to give her a call. She can drive and is very easy on the eyes. Getting a sponsor for her would be easier then anything.

DSR did give her a call...and she has driven a big show car in testing. And attempted to drive a lesser funded f/c at Pomona...blew up on her almost every pass. She has some sponsorship money with her, but I am not sure she has the money it takes to unseat anyone yet.

Jon,
One of my all time favorite articles in any magazine was your making a couple of passes in the Brand-X Funny Car and reporting on it (maybe I am getting old). Could you imagine an owner doing this in todays market! I'm sure it was an experience you have never forgotten. Maybe you should do it again some 35 years later. Would love to hear some of the details of that story.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back