The girls ? (1 Viewer)

sparky

Nitro Member
Has anyone heard any news on Jessie Harris or Hilary Will ? Do you think Leah Pruitt will get a shot next year ? I'm Kinda surprised that any of these women haven't tried to jump on Shirley's coat tails for next year ? :rolleyes:

Why are any of the drivers on that list more deserving of a ride than JR Todd, Rod Fuller, Tommy Johnson or Dean Skuza?

They are all better looking...?
Gotta agree, and idunno, but one would think that good looks probably counts for something when it comes to marketability..........
istockphoto_6145549-i-dunno.jpg

Hehehehehe he said Skuza! Yeah he may not be real purty... but he weren't never askert!

And he always made poor Evans work for that top end interview and "word of the day':D

There are dozens of competitive and deserving drivers on the sidelines, regardless of gender.

At this point you could have a driver who won nine times last year, and then another who just qualified for his or her license and it'd be even money as to who would get the sponsorship and the ride.

If you are unable to market yourself successfully it wouldn't matter if you could cut consistent 0.006 lights in a fuel car. If you're a jerk, don't like dealing with the fans and media and think the sun shines out of your butt, you're not going to make it.

The 98 lb. young lady who doesn't have the strength to turn the steering wheel in a F/C will get the ride if she can sign the sponsor and bring the money.

"Pay to Play" rides are available in every form of racing up to F1. There's one driver paying $2.5M PER RACE to drive in the series right now.

While that's at the extreme financial end of the spectrum, you can buy a ride in a lesser series for obviously less money. When you hear of someone paying, saying, $50,000 for a race in some series it sounds like a fortune -- until you figure what it would cost you to own and operate the team yourself.

When guys are renting Pro Stock engines for anywhere from $15,000 to $25,000 per race, what might someone pay to drive a competitive car in Top Fuel or Funny Car? Fifty thousand? Seventy-five?

So this is what we need to do. Pool our money. Buy four transporters. Buy two F/Cs and two dragsters. Buy lots of those engine thingies. Get some of those, you know, crew chief guys to run the show. Then sit back and collect the rental money.

I'll start things off by pledging a minimum of four dollars, but I might go as high as seven, depending.

Jon Asher

Jon,

Think I can come up with 4 bucks... seven if I push it, that's only two packs, Hope I can go without smokes for a day....

but, I want to see YOU in a Flopper AGAIN...

d'kid

What pisses me off, is that right now, speaking for myself - I actually CAN buy a ride in pretty competitive Jr. Dragster.... but I physically can't fit in one and NHRA won't let me race those kids!!!!! :mad:

I saw Hillary at Mcallisters in Avon last week with her boy friend Matt Hines. So she's in the right town to get a ride I don't know if this is the right town to find the $$

So it has gone from "woman can't drive" to "you gotta have a woman in your car"....wow....amazing what happens in 30 years.....:rolleyes:

Biggest problem with drag racing.....hard core racers are no longer welcome. We want polished pretty boys and girls (not men and women) racing the cars....no longer has anything to do with the racing and all about the marketing....sad :rolleyes:

Biggest problem with drag racing.....hard core racers are no longer welcome. We want polished pretty boys and girls (not men and women) racing the cars....no longer has anything to do with the racing and all about the marketing....sad :rolleyes:

Maybe but the proof is in the pudding, still. If you can't drive a car, you don't win. Looks don't win a race. Helps you get in the door in this hyper-marketing age? Sure.. But you gotta be able to drive.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back